Blyskawica Build

Shootin Aces
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Cut 'n shut ?

Would the sten body be heavy enough to cut, spin the magwell vertically, weld & then grind smooth ? 

11 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

M14 gearbox with trigger extension, sten magazine and fabricate the rest out of aluminium tubes and sheet

I had thought about this idea, as it would also add to the realism of the gun itself

11 hours ago, Tackle said:

Cut 'n shut ?

Would the sten body be heavy enough to cut, spin the magwell vertically, weld & then grind smooth ? 

I didn't know if this was possible, was tempted to just get an AGM Sten and work with what I have got

6 minutes ago, Shootin Aces said:

I had thought about this idea, as it would also add to the realism of the gun itself

I didn't know if this was possible, was tempted to just get an AGM Sten and work with what I have got

The externals look about as simple as you can get. You could cannibalise an AKM underfolding stock mechanism for the stock catch, standard M4 hop up and inner barrel, fix the rest with epoxy. Best part is the rougher it looks the more authentic it looks. The trickiest part is going to be connecting the trigger because of the awkward position

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Shootin Aces said:

Depends on the metal, if it's the usual chinesium crap then forget it, but if it's at least mild steel, then it would work.

But that only gets you a vertical magwell, no idea what be needed with the innards without seeing them ?

Tackle, the stens are mild steel, the stock tube is stainless steel, for some unknown reason. I took one to bare metal, heated the parts till they were straw coloured and quenched them in hydraulic oil. As stainless won't react to that, that was heated till it was almost white hot which blended it in a bit more with the rest of the gun, then had to oil quench the mild steel parts that are attached to it. Came out looking pretty.

I would say the sten is the best starting point too. You've at least then got the mag well and a mag, receiver, shroud and barrel done. It won't be 100% but you'll get it damn well close.

Also don't be tempted to make any of this out of alloy. Mild steel is nice and easy to work with. Have you got a bench with a vice and a handful of tools? A decent saw, hammer, metal drill bits and a couple of files will see most of that sorted. I think the hardest part of that build is the shoulder pad on the stock unless you cheat and use an mp40 piece.

And I'd definitely not paint it, heat and oil will give that a very realistic finish.

Archived