Jefftron Leviathon and pre-engagement issues on Specna E10

Alimcd

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Nice, glad to hear you got it all sorted, and i think better than you originally planned?

Not my cup of teavisually but nice to see its been done properly :D

Bet it sounds mental with the hog and an M160!

I’m sure it’s not a lot of people’s cup of tea visually. It’s a bit of a dickhead gun. It has come out better than I planned, the trigger response is instant and burst mode is epic. I won’t be running the auto function during a game, 3-5rd burst is plenty and 40rps is too high not to risk hurting someone. 

For a bit less of a DSG-with-a-drummag vibe, I tend to rock either the L85A2 or a classic, no frills real wood M14 with a nice Hawke optic.

Cant wait to get it out onto the field!

Had a few thoughts overnight, 

It's pretty much bang on 350 with the M160. Hop is still set for .25's so it's likely a bit hot. I don't know when I last changed the batteries in my chrono (it seems to read lower when they're on the way out) so I'm going to change out the spring for a M150. I'd rather err on the side of caution and what benefit is a few FPS on a ROF build anyway??!.

What I'm curious about if what difference the spring change will make, do we work on the assumption that it's actually going to be a reduction of 33fps or does the lower spring tension of a 9 tooth piston mean that the change is no longer directly proportional?

Hi Dave, I was expecting a bit of a lift in the ROF dropping down the spring stiffness. What I am more curious about is whether to expect a straight 33FPS (same brand spring M160 vs M150) decrease in output velocity or whether it would be less/more due to the DSG retracting the piston so little. Do you happen to know?

Unfortunately I need to wait until monday again until I can sneak into the shop to fiddle. At least in the meantime the ejection port cover, silver charging handle-handle and silver body pins will have arrive to add to the eye-sore-ness 

Normally about 30fps difference between spring rates, but this can vary on cylinder type and stroke/teeth pulled.

There will be others with more DSG experience, but theory and summizing at this level, IE wehn you are so close to your goal; just fit the M150 and re test, if too low you can shim the 150 to up the preload and therefore power, or cut a half (7fps) or full coil (15fps) from the 160 to drop power.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.