New to airsoft

Doubledie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have to questions: 

1, I’m going to attend next event when things are all back and running, I have my own gas pistol and it’s in two tone I want to spray it black for the event can I do so? It will only be used at airsoft site. 
2, looking at buying some goggles to play in any recommendations? £20-£40 budget 

thanks 

I wouldn't spray the gun until you get a defence, for goggles look at pyramex I force or army surplus goggles. Id also recommend renting as you will be massively outgunned with just a pistol and likely not have the best time.

1) Not legal.  You'll need to rent a rifle anyway or you'll be massively outgunned as 14mstant said.

To be honest its not worth taking a pistol for your first few games as its more hastle and distraction for loading and unloading (mags have to be removed when entering safe-zone)  Its also easy to lose until you get proper holster and lanyard.

2) Goggles can be tricky.  Fogging is the biggest problem and mesh ones are a bit risky and affect vision.

After using a few different ones I would recommend the genuine FMA Fan goggles.  Not hugely expensive and work well.

Also look at double pane goggles which are reported to be good but I haven't tried any.

Do a search for 'goggles' here and you'll find a lot more info

4 hours ago, Doubledie said:

I have to questions: 

1, I’m going to attend next event when things are all back and running, I have my own gas pistol and it’s in two tone I want to spray it black for the event can I do so? It will only be used at airsoft site. 
2, looking at buying some goggles to play in any recommendations? £20-£40 budget 

thanks 

1) wrap it in camo tape if you want, I had a two tone rifle, I waited until I had a valid defense before I sprayed it.

2) Edge have a good range of glasses/Goggles. If you dont want to fog up, get dye i3/or above which is more than your budget is currently. Edge are glasses and not full sealed but are good products however if you can spend £60-70 they do have sealed ones. I'd recommend sealed until you feel more confident. I'd stay away from mesh, but that's your choice. Also, get revision wipes from Ebay. About £5 for 10+ or so. They are really good, apply every round (re use the same wipe) and itll eliminate fogging, unless you're really unlucky 

Bolle X810's have good ventilation once you remove the upper and lower rubber vent covers, are made to a high standard, and will do a good job of keeping your eyes intact. They're £48, so a little bit above your budget but I'd recommend it. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.