WE SVD Owners?

Adolf Hamster

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

just wondering, do we have any owners of these glorious beasts on here?

really wanted one since hearing about them coming out, but haven't had the chance to accumulate enough money.

but seeing as my fuel bills are looking to be nonexistent for a few months might well be a chance to accumulate enough to get one.

i'm thinking specifically trying to get one of the steel reciever versions (because i'm a sucker for blued steel). but i'm wondering if folk have any advice for common issues etc?

probably going to order through my local and get an NPAS (or equivalent, if there's custom nozzles out there?) to bring it down to our wonderful 1j limit, but if i'm getting them to order stuff in could see about getting spare bits/bobs if there's any known issues with these things.

4 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

WE SVD Owners?

As in 'We' collectively; 'us' SVD owners...  or as in 'We-tech' SVD owners - as I count myself in the former but not the latter 😜

I recently finished my S&T SVD upgrade project, very happy with the results! 

15 minutes ago, mzjango said:

As in 'We' collectively; 'us' SVD owners...  or as in 'We-tech' SVD owners - as I count myself in the former but not the latter 😜

I recently finished my S&T SVD upgrade project, very happy with the results! 

I’m going to say Wei Tech, as the WE is all capitalised

9 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

I’m going to say Wei Tech, as the WE is all capitalised

Aye I know 😛

• Supporters

Sorry, thought posting in gas guns would have hinted at me wanting the Wei-Tech blowback beasty, so rocketdogbert was right on the money.

Basically wanting to move into gbbr's and since my playstyle is often dmr anyway figured an svd would be a good fun choice.

58 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Basically wanting to move into gbbr's and since my playstyle is often dmr anyway figured an svd would be a good fun choice.

Bloody great choice mate - Besides the SR25 and M14 series one of the only other true role DMRs out there for airsoft. One thing to bear in mind though is that they are seriously long; they have a good 20-30 cm on an M16, the barrel just feels like it goes on forever. 

Make sure you get a PSO-1 to finish the look off, no point in cheaping out on those finishing touches ..  irks me ever so slightly when I see people running this kinda crap on an SVD <_<

RS_10.jpg

The thought of a GBB SVD is very tempting. Where is the best place to source one (i.e. most reputable)?!

• Supporters

If i cant afford to get a nice pso with it then it'll be getting my pk-a temporarily and even that will feel slightly heretical.....

Mate of mine has a (possibly king arms?) Aeg svd, its a nice gun and handles nicely despite the length (i'm exclusively outdoor play so length isnt a major issue if it handles well) but ive got aeg's and i've got hpa's so this is just for fun.

1 minute ago, Dentonboy said:

The thought of a GBB SVD is very tempting. Where is the best place to source one (i.e. most reputable)?!

No idea, i'll probably be getting my local brick and mortar to scour their suppliers once this whole covid thing dies down.

9 minutes ago, Dentonboy said:

JD appear to have it in black/polymer furniture, but I mean if your going SVD do you really want anything other than wood ;)

2 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ftfy ;)

Hah, of course that's what I meant.. :lol:

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.