Recommendations for my second pew pew

Ejarvo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to airsoft, I've skirmished roughly 6 or 7 times with my trusty cyma m4 (cheap entry level aeg that's great out of the box for a starter)

I've upgraded it with various parts and had fun stripping it down and figuring out how it all works etc. Basic upgrades include spring, piston, hop up, barrel, bucking. Had to replace the selector switch and tried my hand at shimming the gears.

I'm looking for something a lottle more "intermediate" and I'm thinking it's likely going to be another m4 platform aeg as I have accumulated a mass of m4 mags and have m4 mag pouches on my rig etc.

Budget is roughly £200.

I'm not worried about optics or accessories (I'm happy with my cheap rds) I just want a solid reliable pew pew to skirmish.

Thanks.

No need. Just keep upgrading your cyma m4. If you have a decent hop and barrel, there is nothing else you will need because it will shoot the same as every other highly upgraded aeg out there.

If you really want a suggestion, get the maxx hop up: https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/maxx-model-airsoft-cnc-hop-unit-me-pro-for-m-series-aeg-hop005pro-29755-p.asp

10 hours ago, AK47frizzle said:

No need. Just keep upgrading your cyma m4. If you have a decent hop and barrel, there is nothing else you will need because it will shoot the same as every other highly upgraded aeg out there.

If you really want a suggestion, get the maxx hop up: https://www.bullseyecountrysport.co.uk/maxx-model-airsoft-cnc-hop-unit-me-pro-for-m-series-aeg-hop005pro-29755-p.asp

Sounds like an idea. I think I'll need some replacement gears for the cyma anyway as only yesterday it was getting jammed and not cycling properly. I unjammed it a few times and then the gearbox decided to spit out a few teeth! Thinking I'll have to fix that anyway so could throw a few more upgrades at while I've got this time at home for the foreseeable.

That hop up looks pretty solid. As I was scanning through various upgrade options the mosfet caught my eye. Is that worth pursuing? I like the idea of customizing the sensitivity etc.

Look at the Tokyo Marui selection on Fire Support - the non-ebb range - and there are several good quality choices at around £200-230. TM Beta Spetsnaz AK for £149 which is a beast of an AEG, some Hi-Cycles for circa £210 and M4/MP5 varients from £170 or so. Bargains.

You cannot go wrong with TM.

Archived