My forever AEG!

Jonnymet

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys, 

Currently using an unbranded (as far as I know) m4 but I am currently saving for my "forever" AEG. As I'm saving price isn't really an issue as I'll just wait and use the. M4 till then. 

After scouring online sites for hours a day I have settled on the TM SCAR. My issue is I'm not sure whether to go for the light 5.56, or the heavy 7.62 versions. I am swaying toward the heavy version as I prefer the mag well! 

The only physical differances as I can tell, apart from the mag well, is the overall length which the light is around 15mm longer fully extended! 

Does anyone own one or had any experience with one that could tell me any differances that I'm clearly missing?! 

Attached are 2 images of both of the TM SCAR. 

Screenshot_20200310_175617_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200310_174832_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Supporters

The big one would be mags, for a forever gun (a ficticious concept i might add) it wouldnt be so bad but 5.56 is gonna be lighter, easier to source, and more likely to be compatible with future purchases.

That said, for rarity value and more importantly if thats what you want, then the heavy would be fine too.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

For a forever gun (a ficticious concept i might add)

I know it is but the little white lies that we tell ourselves make bigger purchases easier 🤣

The difference in airsoft terms is pretty negligible. As has already been said the biggest difference is 7.62 ‘H’ mags will limit what mag pouches you can use.

Other than that the H is marginally heavier, (but the airsoft difference is small), and a bit bigger and bulkier.

Also not sure if it matters to you, but the ‘L’ is no longer in active use by the US military whereas the ‘H’ remains in service.

The H mags are very compact for "7.62" mags, they are a benefit if you have to lay down and fire also.

Either are a good candidate for a forever gun 😶

Thank you all for they replies, wasn't expecting them to come in so quick. It's pretty much settled it I'll have to go for the H! 

Just need to measure up my pouches compared to the 7.62 mag see if they fit. I have some room in them so hopefully they will go in! 

Another application of the "H" is if you want to make it a dmr because some sites/game operators insist in RS variants being used for dmr. If thats your bag. One down side is smaller mag capacity if that bothers you.

The only differences are mags and barrel length. I have a TM SCAR L and in retrospect I should have gone for the CQC version as it’s that bit easier to manoeuvre and the performance is unaffected by it being slightly shorter. Anyway I agree the H looks cooler but IMO it’s less practical as the mags wouldn’t fit in my pouches and with the L you can get an adaptor to use standard M4 mags (ie should yours break, someone at the site is bound to have a spare mag you can use). 

I own both the H and L. 

They are the same performance wise. The L has 1 slight advantage in that you can mag share with other TM recoils that take m4 mags, for example I use the Scar L mags in my TM 416. The H mags are solely for the H.

I personally feel that the H looks a little .ore lethal but other than that they are both awesome out of the box.

On 28/03/2020 at 18:36, Cr0-Magnon said:

The only differences are mags and barrel length. I have a TM SCAR L and in retrospect I should have gone for the CQC version as it’s that bit easier to manoeuvre and the performance is unaffected by it being slightly shorter. Anyway I agree the H looks cooler but IMO it’s less practical as the mags wouldn’t fit in my pouches and with the L you can get an adaptor to use standard M4 mags (ie should yours break, someone at the site is bound to have a spare mag you can use). 

This 👌🏻    I have the TM Sopmod and love it but completely agree - smaller is more manoeuvrable and this would totally tip it now in my experience. I’d have gone for a shorter gun if I’d go back now! 

Ultimately go for which like look of best though because you’ll never regret it in the end 

• 2 months later...
  • Supporters

+1 on the H, way better looking than the L, it's the one I'd buy (so holler when your ready to sell your "forever" gun)

😜

Always the "h" for me . Looks so much nice and that's what it's all about 

Looking good on the field 👌

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.