Vietnam Era Aussie Loadout

Kebabio

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help,Im looking to put together an australian 1 RAR  loadout for a few Vietnam events,can anyone suggest any websites to check out or any airsoft groups to contact

Cheers

Phil

When it comes to websites I'd suggest a lot of reading on Australian involvement in Vietnam. For clothing etc you'll be looking at eBay, collector's fairs and reenactment sources. For social media groups I'd suggest a more general approach and look for Vietnamese reenactment groups and I suspect you'll also find a few airsoft ones too with a bit of digging.

Best of look sorting a load out etc, unfortunately I don't think there is an airsoft version of the Owens SMG which is a bit of a shame but if you talk to Skunk Airsoft Works then you maybe able to come up with a plan for a custom built one between the two of you.

Pursuing an impression load out is a very personal venture and while there are various dedicated forums and social media groups there is an expectation for you to have carried out some of the preliminary work yourself, if not slightly more indepth research.

Iirc Aussies had SLRs out there, maybe grab one if you see one.

For a couple of references check out ‘the odd angry shot’ and ‘vietnam’ (Mini series) with Nicole Kidman & Nicholas Eadie

Vietnam was a bit of a Soap but beats Neighbours & Eastenders hands down

Theres also footage available of 1 RAR in Vietnam

The Odd Angry Shot is the wrong unit with Australian SAS, but is from the late 70s and nearer to the era with resources from the Australian army provided for the filming and if I recall correctly a couple of the older actors may have been out there.

In ‘Vietnam’ the brother was with one of the RAR battalions (for his first posting in the series)

The film and series will give a better view of their gear and the genuine footage will give a flavour of real life.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.