Anyone have an Oculus Quest?

EDcase

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Got one recently for my sons' birthday and its really impressive.

(Let me know If you want more info on it)

If you do have one, what games do you like on it?

I like these:

Super Hot

Death Horizon Reloaded (Update coming in April)

Pavlov Shack (Side loaded)

Will get Onward soon

Star Wars ones are OK but not amazing

I don't like Beat Saber

• Supporters

Blade and Sorcery is fun. I combine mine with my flight suite for DCS and War Thunder Simulators. 

21 hours ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

I've got a Rift, the original one, which is still pretty good - are you using it with a cable into the PC, or just on its own?

If you've got a gaming PC, plugging it in will allow it to run more powerful games etc.

Yes, we have a cable but haven't tried with PC game yet. (Still having too much fun with other games)

Will probably connect to PC for 'Alyx' and 'Dirt Rally 3'

5 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Blade and Sorcery is fun. I combine mine with my flight suite for DCS and War Thunder Simulators. 

I'll have  a look at 'Blade and Sorcery'

Oh yeah, will be fun with sims...

• Supporters
On 28/03/2020 at 07:36, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

VTOL VR is incredible and if you're into sims, that should be the first game you give a go, imo!

Looks decent. Seems like its a more Arcade-ish Sim. DCS is the end all of combat flight sims, VTOL seems to focused on the electronics-side, while War Thunder is focused on the combat side. I still hope Gaijin puts a bit more effort into Air Sim and doesn't just give us a more realistic from of Air RB when we get to modern jets...

• 1 month later...

Been playing the beta of ECHO VR

ITS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note that this video shows the Rift or Vive version running on a PC so Quest version looks a bit simpler but still great

The headset weighs 580 grams.

The straps are easily adjustable and it spreads the weight to the back of your head.

I can't say what kind of neck strength is needed to hold it but none of my family have complained of neck strain even after a few hours wearing it.

If you have a swivel chair you can use that instead of standing.  That will make it safer so there's no chance of falling over.

But you won't have the free movement that it allows so some games may be harder to play.

There will still be some games you can play without much jumping around and viewing 3d videos is also cool.

(Watching free climbing is scary shit...)

8 hours ago, EDcase said:

The headset weighs 580 grams.

The straps are easily adjustable and it spreads the weight to the back of your head.

I can't say what kind of neck strength is needed to hold it but none of my family have complained of neck strain even after a few hours wearing it.

If you have a swivel chair you can use that instead of standing.  That will make it safer so there's no chance of falling over.

But you won't have the free movement that it allows so some games may be harder to play.

There will still be some games you can play without much jumping around and viewing 3d videos is also cool.

(Watching free climbing is scary shit...)

Cheers dude. I went with the Oculus go in the end, as there's no movement other than head, so her wheelchair won't be an issue. 

Picking it up today and I'm soooo excited for her!

Cool 👍

Yeah the GO is a bit lighter 

She won't be able to turn around to look behind her but she'll still get the immersive feeling.

Hopefully she won't get VR sick.

I'd advise to show some underwater 360 videos first.  They're not 3d but still very cool.

Should be quite an experience for a wheelchair bound person.

I'd recommend Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, and Handgrenades if you use Virtual Deskptop or the link cable. The best gun interaction in a VR game that I've seen, with a load of different modes.

2 hours ago, Heath said:

I'd recommend Hot Dogs, Horseshoes, and Handgrenades if you use Virtual Deskptop or the link cable. The best gun interaction in a VR game that I've seen, with a load of different modes.

Watched some vids.

Looks good but I'm not a huge fan of the ultra realistic gun manipulation thing.  I liked Pavlov and that's about it. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.