Ghk akms and we akm mags compatible

naki4143

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys/girls I have ordered a ghk akms gbbr looking for mags and found two we akm mags just wondering if they will work on the ghk. Sorry for the newbie question 😁

Nope, plus WE mags are shit and leak prone.  GHK mags are built much much differently. Welcome to the GHK Master Race.  Some things for you to know:

What I would recommend you upgrade immediately from them is the following:

Steel Auto Sear https://samoon.com.tw/conversion-kit/c-ak/ak-steel-sear

Steel Hammer https://samoon.com.tw/conversion-kit/c-ak/he-ghk-027

What you should buy in the future: 

Maple Leaf Hop Unit and Barrel.   https://samoon.com.tw/conversion-kit/c-ak/maple-ghk-hopbarrel

1J nozzle/Low power nozzle.  

GHK Top Tips

In that order, though I would 100% buy the sear and hammer when you buy the rifle.  The auto sear WILL go after around 4k-5k rounds, its a simple enough job to replace.  Same with the hammer, though that's a bit longer-lasting. 

The stock hop unit is actually really good and the hop rubber is excellent, the only reason to change it is because its plastic and might break.  You will have people telling you to mod the feed lips on your magazines to make them easier to load - do not do this.  It will cause double feeds which then will smash your hop chamber to bits.  Which of course then feeds people thinking the hop chamber is rubbish when it's not.  Fully stock and doing 370FPS on .2s my GHK AK was hitting 80m measured (Google Maps) with green gas on a July evening. 

The Maple Leaf should be a straight drop-in replacement, you just need to make sure you assemble it properly and be careful of the c-clip protruding as if not set up properly it will cause a massive air leak, mine did that till I figured it out.  Oh and my stock chamber is still going strong....guess I must be wrong half a year later about not modding the feed lips eh?

Nozzle for obvious reasons, Samoon will fit a new one in it for you if you ask them.  The nozzle wings (you will see when you get it) are prone to snapping off, one way to prevent this is to smooth the channel they sit in and to chamfer them ever so slightly so they aren't as square.  If they do snap off, just grind both of them off together, they aren't needed and the rifle functions fine anyway without them.

Re mag efficiency, the mags are the same internally and both are excellent in terms of leaks and efficiency.  Plastic might be a wee bit more efficient than the metal for obvious reasons.  The shells can be bought separately if you want a particular aesthetic.  

And that's its, that's all you need to do/know.  They are addictive, I (and my battle buddy) have hardly used anything since buying mine back nearly 6months ago.  Sorry for the essay - anything else you would like to know - yell.

^ New GHK AK owner here (AIMS) and the above post is super-useful, thanks! 👍

I bought the 1J nozzle with the gun and have now ordered a steel sear (from Milspec Solutions in the UK) and a steel hammer (from Bunny Workshop in Hong Kong - Samoon don't appear to have them), both Hephaestus brand. I've included links there to the products in case anyone else is having trouble sourcing them at the moment.

I'm going to leave the hop unit (and barrel) as stock until I have any problems with it... or if I have any problems with it.

Early first impressions - not yet skirmished: it's a ruddy good gun! Brings a smile to my face 🙂 Kicks harder than my Marui MWS GBB (which I also love). Seems well built and I really like the simplicity of the internals. Hell, it even smells nice. Can't wait to give it a proper field test once the lockdown has ended...

PS: I've also bought a few spare magazine feed lips, just based on experience with others GBBs. Always pays to have a few of those in the parts box.

Welcome to the Master Race.

I turned my AKM into an AIMS just by swapping out the stock.  So you can do the reverse if you can get your hands on an AKM stock.  The stock hop unnit will go eventually which is why I replaced it.  Between mine and my mates stock GHK AIMS I get roughly 5-8m extra range with .3s but my shots are a lot more accurate. 

If you encounter any issues re replacing the sear or hammer shout me up, I am pretty good at teching these things now.

Cheers boys thanks for the paragraph 😂😂 good to know for the future of this beast 😁😁

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.