Real Sword AK DMR build

Davegolf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So gearbox got some new guts to go inside, I must say if all the standard gearbox shells I've seen these are so well fitting and nicely cast - no burrs or casting lines interrupting the piston rails etc, all the screws are actual proper threaded machine screws, the motor cage fitment is perfect and the bushing alignment is spot on!

The motor was swapped out to a 22000 ASG ultimate unit, I love these motors, so quiet and cool running.

The gears were swapped out for my favourite - a Siegetek 20.8:1 set including pinion - again the Siegetek bevel and pinion mesh is so quiet running.

Fitted and shimmed into SixG phosbro bushes.

Im using a 370mm barrel, so to volume match that to suit heavy ammo I swapped the RS cylinder for a Prometheus type 'B' along with a V3 Lonex cylinder head and Airlab sorbo.

I used a Retro Arms CNC piston which has a full steel rack, I had to cut the relief in the back to match the RS piston.

Both the gears and the piston rack required 1 tooth to be removed to match the RS gear tooth count, otherwise the gearbox would have turned itself into a big mess on the first trigger pull! Essentially trying to push the piston out the back of the gearbox shell!!

For the piston head I turned up a heavy weight stainless steel one for slowest speed build up and highest consistent energy.

For further weight the spring ball bearing assembly is also on the piston side.

IMG_4358.JPG

Other than some some very minor titivating inside it all went back together.

Archived