Umbrella armoury gearboxes

Darbanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Depends on your bank balance etc...

If I stick a Tokyo Marui motor in cheap £70 Cyma it don't turn into a TM

and even with a stfu £1,000 gun I still get owned by that little kid with a hire gun

So as opinions are like arse holes

Plus being the resident AF-UK arse hole myself

In MY opinion I won't be buying one I think mostly coz I like tinkering and see buying a stfu dooberry takes some of the fun out it

Yes they are "Airsoft technicians" but I'm more impressed by humble trainee techs getting stuff working well AND openly sharing their ideas trying to help others

NB: not a pop at any Airsoft tech's, but just saying how I personally feel and owe a fucking LOT to many many people sharing their success (and failures) along the way

• Supporters

define "worth the money"

because depending on the level of willingness to get familiar with the internals of their pews you're going to get a different answer from everybody.

to me, no, because like duck i'd rather do it myself and learn the requisite skills along the way, plus a good gearbox alone isn't going to make the gun amazing, it'll definately help a lot especially having decent compression but you don't need to go to UA for that.

3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

define "worth the money"

because depending on the level of willingness to get familiar with the internals of their pews you're going to get a different answer from everybody.

to me, no, because like duck i'd rather do it myself and learn the requisite skills along the way, plus a good gearbox alone isn't going to make the gun amazing, it'll definately help a lot especially having decent compression but you don't need to go to UA for that.

What I meant was are u getting the performance your paying for

• Supporters

going off the dollar pricing compared to say an F2 or fusion engine i'm going to say no, because that's a lot of money to pay to not have an air line. but then that's me judging by my metrics, i'd as soon just buy the parts and build it myself if it came to it.

what performance do you want that you think this will provide? because there may well be a much more economical route to acheiving it.

So this may be worth your consideration - Jonathan mentions the point of up keep and services being an important factor with these finely tuned guns. I know your question relates specifically to the GB however that is in fact over half the 'up keep' consideration right there.

Timestamp @ 5:05 for the Umbrella stuff

Archived