Ranking my top 6/bottom 6 blasters...

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

...and have an 'Operation Hammerdown' rant too:

https://thegearconfessional.wordpress.com/2020/03/22/chapter-69-wtf-is-going-on-in-the-world-better-rank-my-blasters-fast/

69 chapters of airsoft related capers to get your teeth into if you are in lockdown, btw...

photoeditor_20190726_143902763.jpg

Worst gun i ever owned was the Well R6 (M4A1)

- Made of the most creaky shiny ABS (same stuff all the old springers were made of)

- Very wobbly front set.

- Used a clip on stock (again a feature of the old well springers)

- Awful quality internals - everything... just terrible, from GB to hop and barrel, my lower intestine could have crafted better stuff.

- Crappy non standard high cap M16 mags which hardly worked and the gun didn't take TMs and G&Ps.

- Pretty bad feeding problems.

- Range and accuracy non existent.

- About 260 fps out the box.

- Gearbox body pin seemed to be welded into the v2 shell - caused me to suffer the worst hand injury i've ever had (though this was my fault, I was 17 and a complete R****d :rolleyes: )

As far as I am aware this may have been the first ever ACM AEG on the market along with the R5 (MP5) and a little later the R8 (G3 SAS).

1 hour ago, mzjango said:

Worst gun i ever owned was the Well R6 (M4A1)

- Made of the most creaky shiny ABS (same stuff all the old springers were made of)

- Very wobbly front set.

- Used a clip on stock (again a feature of the old well springers)

- Awful quality internals - everything... just terrible, from GB to hop and barrel, my lower intestine could have crafted better stuff.

- Crappy non standard high cap M16 mags which hardly worked and the gun didn't take my TMs and G&Ps.

- Pretty bad feeding problems.

- Range and accuracy non existent.

- About 260 fps out the box.

- Gearbox body pin seemed to be welded into the v2 shell - caused me to suffer the worst hand injury i've ever had (though this was my fault, I was 17 and a complete R****d :rolleyes: )

As far as I am aware this may have been the first ever ACM AEG on the market along with the R5 (MP5) and a little later the R8 (G3 SAS).

The question I have is...

...what on Earth made you buy it?!

1 hour ago, Dentonboy said:

The question I have is...

...what on Earth made you buy it?!

Let me answer by quoting myself...

2 hours ago, mzjango said:

I was 17 and a complete R****d :rolleyes: 

But yeah, I was in college at the time, next to no cash, knew very little about the sport (I had a few springers.. M16, G36c and a plastic gearbox mp5). I had been to my first game and had borrowed my friends TM M733 and a few TM/G&P low caps. I had been browsing the old forums, Possibly the one just before ascuk, and everything was around 150-200+ (there was no ACM stuff about at the time). I bought the R6 on eBay from either SoGood or Begadi in Germany for about 100EUR, description was all about how it was basically a TM inside but for a 3rd/4th of the price.

possibly the worst gun i ever bought was a classic army P90 sports line. terrible range, gear box had a horrible twang and the body was so brittle. i have a habbit of not keeping guns long enough to find out if theyre crap or not.

Archived