Losing UKARA due to no skirmishes (Covid-19)

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If this goes on for months I wonder if a lot of people are going to lose their UKARA numbers.

Or will the list be frozen?

Not terribly important in a time of crisis, but I was just curious.

Edited by Jedi_Master
Better title description

Very glad I got my site renewal in today.  First game back in six months and now probably the last for quite a while.

3 minutes ago, Philby21 said:

Very glad I got my site renewal in today.  First game back in six months and now probably the last for quite a while.

you played today ? Sorry man, but that’s just irresponsible

There was literally just seven of us, we all kept responsible distances.

Seriously, I was a lot closer to a lot more people while doing a weekly shop yesterday.

30 minutes ago, Macv276 said:

Why is it irresponsible? 

might be because they are needlessly spreading a virus that can kill people.

People aren't worried for themselves but it's the people they infect that suffer.

Last time I renewed mine was a couple of years back, and I've bought a gun last month from Patrolbase using it, no issues. I'm not sure retailers pay too much attention to expiry dates on them. 

11 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

More to the point what site was it that was open?

Any registered UKARA site that cares so little for public safety that it was open this weekend deserves to be shut permanently and should be boycotted by the whole responsible airsoft community.

Lets calm our boots so to speak... Sites have been put in a very difficult position, not helped by the government's somewhat wishy-washy approach. My GF is already out of a job but luckily her work should be able to access the employment subsidy. For small biz like airsoft the picture isn't super clear.  Lets not name and shame them - but instead perhaps now is the time to support your local/favourite/most responsible site by buying/renewing membership, patches, whatever it may be.

I’m pretty sympathetic to the financial position that small businesses find themselves in and agree that the governments response could have been far better.

However given all the advice on social distancing that has been out (including the announcements before the weekend that schools were closing as were pubs and restaurants) I fail to see how a responsible reaction is to get a load of people, many of whom who would otherwise not ever meet, together in order to run around with toy guns...

• Moderators

mine was renewed June / July last year so still active, means i should be ok unless it drags into summer 2021 which by then, well........

I think the situation got pretty serious after tonights address and prior to that it was still unclear whether some mild distancing meant you could still do stuff while washing hands etc. I think UKARA should hold validity on all memberships for a year from now. We are at the strangest point in human history and everyone will need time to adjust. "The end of the beginning" and all that.

• Supporters

Just look at all the Divs who flooded the pubs when it was announced they were to close, Darwinism & natural selection at its finest 😏

7 hours ago, Tackle said:

Just look at all the Divs who flooded the pubs when it was announced they were to close, Darwinism & natural selection at its finest 😏

On top of that, the people who went to the pubs might be alright but the vulnerable people who they interact with might not be. It's pure selfishness and ignorance to willingly put other people at risk with the mentality that you'll probably be fine. 

Speaking as a south west skirmisher; some sites down here are offering to renew UKARA's that expire during this crisis if you're already a current member, even though we can't currently game.

If your UKARA is expiring soon, contact your site and ask them about it. Most will likely be happy to renew you if you've been there before as a member

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.