Played my first game yesterday!

Rustymp5
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Played my first game yesterday & ive spent all day looking at airsoft stuff online..😆

I definitely need to buy gloves,can’t bend my little finger today! How can I post on the classifieds too?

35 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Welcome!

Its not a good time to start tho 😷

I hope you can hold out buying until you're UKARA registered...

Lol I know,wasn’t many of us that turned up!

I’ll hold off going for awhile now I think until it returns to normality,scary times!

Yeah I’ll hold out until I get my ukara too..😁

• Supporters

Welcome to... well, normally we say "maxing out your credit card", but that may not be an option at the moment.

If you're playing in an open area, and aren't huddled too tight during briefings, I'd say it's a low risk hobby.  For one thing, while we do have older players, you're unlikely to meet and spread the Kung Flu to anyone in the real high risk categories.

Gloves, definitely.  Some folk swear by Mechanix branded, some of us use cheap generic "tactical" gloves with some hard armour and padding, but pretty much anything is better than bare skin.

First thing though is your own eye protection. Pyramex iForce dual pane goggles (or the many rebrandings of them) are a reasonable default, although there are plenty of other cheaper, simpler and more complex and expensive options that work well too.

Wecome to the Airsoft club.  Juts means you haev more time to check out stuff.  Follow the above advise adn ask on these forums as we will help out where we can.

2 hours ago, Rustymp5 said:

Thanks guys,Bought these two today as well as a pair of mechanix fingerless one from this forum!

B68AF532-F450-46E9-BE36-4F749A3F9753.jpeg

2B758015-2A67-4AAE-9643-25DA902EAAE7.jpeg

That’s a good call with the goggles.

The trend in airsoft does go for lower profile glasses style, or basic goggles without greater face protection (often aiming for the minimum to keep to the ‘realistic’ look)

Coming from paintball, and having seen BBs getting up close to eyes I always recommend a good seal and full face cover.

A favourite in airsoft often points to Dye I4s, which are a great premium goggle, but they aren’t the only one.

I4s definately don’t fit my head, but I’ve had their predecessors the I3s for many years.

I have the Valken/Annex goggles in the multicam style finish.  They are not a premium goggle and have the harder plastic at the level of ‘rental’ goggles.

But they fit my head well, and though I’ve only worn them occasionally and loaned them out as much or more than I’ve worn them myself, they work for me.  A good fit and clear airflow are the real winners in goggle performance.

Don’t be tempted to use any anti fog products or magical lens cleaning products.  Let the lenses manufacturer

coatings do their job. 
Carry a microfibre cloth.  Keep a dry corner and a damp corner(just water), clean off any dirt with the wet end then buff with the dry end.  Your personal needs will vary, but if the airflow is good and the original coating maintained then fogging will be minimised.  If you find fogging an issue then first consider if there are contributing factors, then once any are eliminated and if fogging continues you can try other anti fog wipes etc. 

Glove wise — take care of your fingers.  I have always occasionally worn gloves, and have veered to fingerless gloves as I prefer the freedom of bare fingers.

Cutting up your fingers in bushes, grazed on concrete etc doesn’t do them any good, and getting shot on your little finger is the worst ever!

(I’ve also developed a dodgy finger with nerve damage and Raynaud’s phenomenon which is probably attributed to trauma from being shot in the finger when photographing - that means I’ve got to carry gloves around)

Enjoy yourself and have many years ahead playing around shooting being shot

56 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

That’s a good call with the goggles.

The trend in airsoft does go for lower profile glasses style, or basic goggles without greater face protection (often aiming for the minimum to keep to the ‘realistic’ look)

Coming from paintball, and having seen BBs getting up close to eyes I always recommend a good seal and full face cover.

A favourite in airsoft often points to Dye I4s, which are a great premium goggle, but they aren’t the only one.

I4s definately don’t fit my head, but I’ve had their predecessors the I3s for many years.

I have the Valken/Annex goggles in the multicam style finish.  They are not a premium goggle and have the harder plastic at the level of ‘rental’ goggles.

But they fit my head well, and though I’ve only worn them occasionally and loaned them out as much or more than I’ve worn them myself, they work for me.  A good fit and clear airflow are the real winners in goggle performance.

Don’t be tempted to use any anti fog products or magical lens cleaning products.  Let the lenses manufacturer

coatings do their job. 
Carry a microfibre cloth.  Keep a dry corner and a damp corner(just water), clean off any dirt with the wet end then buff with the dry end.  Your personal needs will vary, but if the airflow is good and the original coating maintained then fogging will be minimised.  If you find fogging an issue then first consider if there are contributing factors, then once any are eliminated and if fogging continues you can try other anti fog wipes etc. 

Glove wise — take care of your fingers.  I have always occasionally worn gloves, and have veered to fingerless gloves as I prefer the freedom of bare fingers.

Cutting up your fingers in bushes, grazed on concrete etc doesn’t do them any good, and getting shot on your little finger is the worst ever!

(I’ve also developed a dodgy finger with nerve damage and Raynaud’s phenomenon which is probably attributed to trauma from being shot in the finger when photographing - that means I’ve got to carry gloves around)

Enjoy yourself and have many years ahead playing around shooting being shot

Thanks a lot for tips,

its appreciated 

• Supporters
On 19/03/2020 at 21:46, Tommikka said:

Don’t be tempted to use any anti fog products or magical lens cleaning products.  Let the lenses manufacturer coatings do their job. 

I agree with everything else above, but if and when (and only if and when) your eye protection does start to fog up, I'd suggest Revision wipes.

There are many, many other commercial and homebrew products available, and they all help to some degree, but if you're a genuinely sweaty bugger, the Revision wipes are the least useless magic that I've found.

They run expensive if you buy a few, but if you keep your eye on eBay you can sometimes score orders of 10 or 20 for barely more than buying a couple.

You might not need them up front, but if you do find yourself fogging up, I'd recommend the Revision wipes.

I should really start charging them commission.

20 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I agree with everything else above, but if and when (and only if and when) your eye protection does start to fog up, I'd suggest Revision wipes.

There are many, many other commercial and homebrew products available, and they all help to some degree, but if you're a genuinely sweaty bugger, the Revision wipes are the least useless magic that I've found.

They run expensive if you buy a few, but if you keep your eye on eBay you can sometimes score orders of 10 or 20 for barely more than buying a couple.

You might not need them up front, but if you do find yourself fogging up, I'd recommend the Revision wipes.

I should really start charging them commission.

Thanks mate,

I’ll keep an eye out for some for sure!

went to my local airsoft shop yesterday & picked up US army trousers,look on point

Archived