lockdown and load

remus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• 5 months later...

how did eveyone get on? i got next to nothing done although did move house and my wife had a baby... am about to sign up for an Apocalypse  themed day in november so will need to get my fingers out and get... a lot done... sigh

17 minutes ago, remus said:

how did eveyone get on? i got next to nothing done although did move house and my wife had a baby... am about to sign up for an Apocalypse  themed day in november so will need to get my fingers out and get... a lot done... sigh

Congrats, I also had a kid. Picked up a couple of new guns, sold a couple of others, did a bunch of design work on my SCAR H and very little on the SMG project and reworked my loadout. I think once I've picked up a viper chest rig and some 9mm and .308 inserts for it that's going to be finished, barring get a set of Emerson woodland combats. 

Congratulations to both of you.

I didn't have any projects as I've worked through lockdown and my tech skills are similar to a drunken chimp but I did end up painting my Striker. I'll post pictures later 

3 hours ago, remus said:

Grats to you and the good lady on the Little one 
Did loads - like most did many a box set in the first few weeks :D

Then I finished my mancave build out in the garden and got everything moved in, played with upgrades on the MK23 and started designing my custom bandoleer (still not finished but am at first stitching).
I also bought a T10 and some upgrades then real life kicked in so those never got fitted till last week.

I converted the m14 to be a DMR, hated it and returned it to 1.1J for no MED. It's still slinging .4s out to about 60 - 65m effective range, so I'm fine with this.

However, I also ended up building a HPA VSR and couldn't be happier. Running it on CO2, it's running at 2.3J, effortless bolt pull and so silent.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Impulse said:

converted the m14 to be a DMR, hated it and returned it to 1.1J for no MED. It's still slinging .4s out to about 60 - 65m effective range, so I'm fine with this.

If I understand you right, you're slinging 0.4g full auto?  Does your butler load your mags for you? ;)

• Supporters
4 hours ago, MiK said:

Grats to you and the good lady on the Little one 
Did loads - like most did many a box set in the first few weeks :D

Then I finished my mancave build out in the garden and got everything moved in, played with upgrades on the MK23 and started designing my custom bandoleer (still not finished but am at first stitching).
I also bought a T10 and some upgrades then real life kicked in so those never got fitted till last week.

You know there are molle bandoliers available, such as Blackhawks model, great lightweight kit & very adaptable, I should know I've got two (technically 3 as I've got a knock off too, yes I know, I've got a problem🤤)

7 hours ago, Tackle said:

You know there are molle bandoliers available, such as Blackhawks model, great lightweight kit & very adaptable, I should know I've got two (technically 3 as I've got a knock off too, yes I know, I've got a problem🤤)

How well do they work? I'm planning on picking one of these up at some point for a lightweight loadout I can just chuck in the car. 

£43.74 | 2017 MOLLE Light 2 side Bandolier 500D Nylon Molle side Tactical Belt with metal buckle

https://a.aliexpress.com/_eKhtsU

On 17/03/2020 at 18:35, Asomodai said:

Just getting in some extra parts for the following projects

Projects for me:

SA M16/M203, new hop unit, barrel, air seal components, mosfet etc. 

Umarex Tavor, new bucking, barrel, mosfet, motor, nozzle and possibly all but the gears to be replaced. 

SRC XM8: Change the bucking to a Maple Leaf Macaron and 0hm nub to see if it clears up the misfeed on full auto. Otherwise I need to mill out part of the Airsoft Pro Hop unit. 

ICS L85: Either dremel away part of the hop arm to make the Maple Leaf Macaron/0hm nub work with something below .32 bbs, or change out for Prommy purple standard bucking. 

JG G36: Change the bucking to a Maple Leaf Macaron and 0hm nub to see if it clears up the misfeed on full auto. Otherwise I need to mill out part of the Airsoft Pro Hop unit. 

Projects for my tech:

Ares Soc-AR, New hop unit, New Nozzle, New motor, New Prommy Barrel, Maple Leaf Macaron/0hm nub. 

PTS PDRC, New Piston/Piston Head, Tighten trigger, mosfet and new motor. 

Projects for my OTHER tech:

JG SL8: Make it sound like something other then a bag of nails. 

SRC XM8 DMR: Turn it into a DMR and try and get it working with the Helicals. 

I am a collector of PS3/Consoles exclusives, I have about 200 at the moment which I haven't played much of. 

I am hoping to get an Airsoft game in this weekend though if public transport is still working. 

16 hours ago, remus said:

Congrats to you both!

Pretty much everything on the list got completed. Fully upgraded the SA M16/M203 and survived a skirmish so its probably fine. Fully upgraded the Tavor and survived 4 skirmishes, Sorted out the ICS with a new hop unit and Guarder clear bucking. Managed to sort out the JG G36 with better feeding mags which has done the trick. 

I sent the XM8 to Negative Airsoft. It comes back shooting fine however the trigger no longer resets on semi. I think I need to open it up again as I cant be arsed to send it off.

SOC AR is nearly completed by my usual tech. Shoots fine, but wont feed properly on high spring strength midcaps and its not midcap syndrome.

JG SL8 is on the bench, SRC XM8 DMR I think is fine now. Haven't skirmished yet. 

11 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

If I understand you right, you're slinging 0.4g full auto?  Does your butler load your mags for you? ;)

I still fire semi-auto only. I'm typically a boltie bush wookiee, so my play style is still that sniper style. It's more for the no MED flexibility than the full auto functionality.

If I was using it more often, I'd put .32s in it instead of .4s, as I still go through maybe 700 BBs in a day.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, PopRocket123 said:

How well do they work? I'm planning on picking one of these up at some point for a lightweight loadout I can just chuck in the car. 

£43.74 | 2017 MOLLE Light 2 side Bandolier 500D Nylon Molle side Tactical Belt with metal buckle

https://a.aliexpress.com/_eKhtsU

Really well, I mount a retention holster inverted for a really easy (& quick draw), & 4 short 7.62 shingles, & the last bit of molle has a 5.56 shingle with a twin pistol pouch piggybacked on it.

Even fully loaded it doesn't feel heavy or oppressive like most rigs.

I've not seen the one your looking at before, mines this type 

blackhawk-molle-bandolier-tan-used_360_1aa49e0806627bcedd5210aa352fb628.jpg

11 hours ago, Tackle said:

heheheh I know first thing I looked at but sadly they don’t fit too well/comfy on the chunkier monkey I’m basing mine of the “Invrt” system besides its a project that’s keeping amused :)

• Supporters
1 minute ago, MiK said:

heheheh I know first thing I looked at but sadly they don’t fit too well/comfy on the chunkier monkey I’m basing mine of the “Invrt” system besides its a project that’s keeping amused 

On the contrary, I too am a chunky monkey 🐒 have found it to fit great, not even moving in use, & my son has used it, & he's built like a twiglet lol

On 20/09/2020 at 17:21, PopRocket123 said:

Congrats, I also had a kid. 

Congrats to you too! Not an easy time yo have had one popped but luckily came when restrictions had lessened so was able to be in hospital a fair bit.

You all got a lot more done than I did but then luckily I was able to keep working so can't really grumble.

New restrictions in place here and a post apoc style game in November has me kickstarted again though. Spent tonight taking the furniture off my Tommy gun and testing parts for a cobbled together idea. All will be reversible though paint joby outstanding... will be posting pieces for critism and ideas somewhere...

2 minutes ago, remus said:

Congrats to you too! Not an easy time yo have had one popped but luckily came when restrictions had lessened so was able to be in hospital a fair bit.

You all got a lot more done than I did but then luckily I was able to keep working so can't really grumble.

New restrictions in place here and a post apoc style game in November has me kickstarted again though. Spent tonight taking the furniture off my Tommy gun and testing parts for a cobbled together idea. All will be reversible though paint joby outstanding... will be posting pieces for critism and ideas somewhere...

You got lucky. I wasn't able to stay the 2 days they kept my partner and son in for observation. I only got a bunch done to distract myself from the shitshow that was leaving my previous employer after nearly 5 years of abuse, so that's been fun. I'd love to get to a post apocalyptic game some time but there's not a lot of options on the South coast. 

I did get very lucky. 2 visits a day for 3 days(wee one way under weight at full term for unknown reason.)now no visits. Was able to be in for nearly full birth just missed the assessment window. Our local hospital was to be a covid hospital but our lockdown was too soon so first wave never happened. We were supposed to go to a different hospital that I have bad experiences with but was thankful that didn't happen.

Forgot to thank everyone else for congrats too appreciate it!

Aye this game is a rarity over hear and being advertised as first of a series. Another tried years ago to do a fallout themed one but didn't get enough sign ups. Hoping it does. Gives me something to do in meantime...

• 2 weeks later...

with a second lockdown being muttered about, i have a few things to tinker with if we get locked down again and if i can afford the parts in between non airsoft expenses...

First, reorganising my spare bedroom/storage room to set it up as a small work room more suitable for working on airsoft guns.

After that (and in no particular order)...

- strip, clean and lubricate all my guns

-sourcing a new seal for my galaxy g31 co2 bolt and working to get the scope roughly zeroed in my garden (despite the limited 30m range) as well as roughly zeroing the scope on my WA2000 too

-making some bb catching targets i can set up in my garden, and also reuse the bbs in my moscarts

-Im also going to put a new motor in my nuprol m4..  low speed high torque, dont want to turn it into a million-round-a-minute gun

-repositioning pouches and refining the loadout on my osprey plate carrier

-Edit some of my game footage to something reasonable to upload to youtube

-sourcing some straps to try and create a sling or something similar for carrying the wa2000 as it is a heavy beast

I'm pretty much back to lockdown. Or at least I'm back to working from home but without equipment so paid to be at home... win. Apocafying my Tommy is well underway 

I hope we're not going to have another lockdown. Not sure if I'll be able to resist the Edgi SAP piston for my spring VSR for much longer...

It's calling my name. I can hear it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.