lockdown and load

remus

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

may be a better spot but figured it can be anything really... move if nessiary

so assuming this all kicks off... we all need a distraction from such... share what you are working on when on lockdown! preferably airsoft of course but am sure any good distraction will be nice if sites do close etc... iv a unch to work on so if i do and can i will share too if/when i do get to be at home... 

and hope all keep safe throughout! happy lockdown all lol

• Supporters

these are certainly interesting times for sure.

looks like game days are going to be off the table for a while, still i suppose at least i've got a decent backlog of games to go through (fallout 4, metro exodus and borderlands 3 for starters).

otherwise i suspect there's going to be a lot of stir crazy driven tinkering and purchasing to be had, of course that'll probably be knocked on the head if deliveries aren't happening.

2 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Airsoft projects have had to be put on hold for me as I'm becoming a dad in 2 weeks. Help a guy out and share all your projects to help with the withdrawal symptoms 😂

They do sleep. My latest addition has just turned a week old and I'm about to pull my 2 sniper setups apart to fettle them whilst on down time in between feeds.

19 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

They do sleep. My latest addition has just turned a week old and I'm about to pull my 2 sniper setups apart to fettle them whilst on down time in between feeds.

Haha thanks. If I do get any spare time it'll be spent on my SCAR H DMR project and starting on a SMG AEG project. The second one may have to wait though as I need to buy the mag and internals to start designing around but that's money I don't have currently.

53 minutes ago, PopRocket123 said:

Haha thanks. If I do get any spare time it'll be spent on my SCAR H DMR project and starting on a SMG AEG project. The second one may have to wait though as I need to buy the mag and internals to start designing around but that's money I don't have currently.

You'll be amazed how generic the term "baby things" can be lol

Get around to fitting some sorbothane pads to a few Aegs. Also a deep clean of the house, partly because I managed to lose the clip that attached the barrel to the body on my PKM. Hoping it will re-emerge.  

Not much as I've already done most of what I needed to work on and now need to be a responsible adult and save up for a mortgage.

However, the last item on the table I have yet to do is replace the outer barrel on my 1911 with a threaded one so I can add all the suppressors. Got a nineball hop rubber and inner barrel while I was at it too.

And assuming the parts arrive from America, I still need to shove in that R-hopped tightbore and modify flat hop rubber into the m14 to complete the transition into DMRhood.

Just getting in some extra parts for the following projects

Projects for me:

SA M16/M203, new hop unit, barrel, air seal components, mosfet etc. 

Umarex Tavor, new bucking, barrel, mosfet, motor, nozzle and possibly all but the gears to be replaced. 

SRC XM8: Change the bucking to a Maple Leaf Macaron and 0hm nub to see if it clears up the misfeed on full auto. Otherwise I need to mill out part of the Airsoft Pro Hop unit. 

ICS L85: Either dremel away part of the hop arm to make the Maple Leaf Macaron/0hm nub work with something below .32 bbs, or change out for Prommy purple standard bucking. 

JG G36: Change the bucking to a Maple Leaf Macaron and 0hm nub to see if it clears up the misfeed on full auto. Otherwise I need to mill out part of the Airsoft Pro Hop unit. 

Projects for my tech:

Ares Soc-AR, New hop unit, New Nozzle, New motor, New Prommy Barrel, Maple Leaf Macaron/0hm nub. 

PTS PDRC, New Piston/Piston Head, Tighten trigger, mosfet and new motor. 

Projects for my OTHER tech:

JG SL8: Make it sound like something other then a bag of nails. 

SRC XM8 DMR: Turn it into a DMR and try and get it working with the Helicals. 

I am a collector of PS3/Consoles exclusives, I have about 200 at the moment which I haven't played much of. 

I am hoping to get an Airsoft game in this weekend though if public transport is still working. 

2 hours ago, DerDer said:

sorbothane pads to a few Aegs

Hissses in Negative Airsoft 

Back on topic, I have got myself a British Army belt rig along with some extra pouches so I will be spending my lockdown messing with that and praying for it all to go away so I can go shoot some fools 

It's lockdown for everyone but me.

I'm still working :P

I wish I could craft my ghillies but I cannot source the materials I need and I can't go to my field.

I guess I'll keep looking for the last pieces of kit I'm still missing (a holster, Source bladder, rifle retention thingy, other bits and bobs), a bit of teching and fiddling with possible sniper rigs.

Stuff I should have done ages ago but never had the time to.

And getting back to piloting shit in ArmA 3, recently fixed my head tracking device too.

• Supporters

I'm working on work, sadly, but I do intend to revive the project guns that I ... over-optimised, my CYMA M4 and MP5K.  They both still shoot but I've pooched the air seals and they're way down on power.

Nobody tell Luke at Negative Airsoft, but I'm looking at my PTFE tape and thinking maybe now's the time.

im still at work too, awaiting mortgage to finalise so can move to new house... wife pregnant but shes still at work too. i dont close til gvt tell us to(we work with the home office)

but i have a few things i really wanna do if we do close up, my new airsoft mask which is actually loosely based on a plague dr is top of list, updating pagging, inserting and plumbing in fans, possibly adding some form of filter, google lenses more straps etc.. 

Hoping o get out for a game on Sunday before the gate comes down on us all. 

aside from that mostly Xbox gaming, tv series and a mountain of plastic miniatures I have said I will one day paint. 

We are still working, though staff dropping like flies

I feel sorry for our customers who’s new Range Rovers are held up and won’t be ready for them the exact moment we promised them 3 months ago

First world problems 🙄

we will probably be keeping the doors open until Monday, then possibly shut down for a couple of weeks

At least then I can finish the man cave and move myself in for self isolation 👍

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

On 18/03/2020 at 08:23, Rogerborg said:

Nobody tell Luke at Negative Airsoft, but I'm looking at my PTFE tape and thinking maybe now's the time.

It's fine, just go ahead and put a sorbo pad in there and it will cancel out the PTFE tape 😜

It appears that first and only have taken the decision to close all sites. 

I can't see it being the only one either after today's announcement. 

working on a mate's Umarex HK 416. At a wet game late last year it just started firing full auto despite being set safe ! Interesting few moments getting the battery out to stop it 😂 Once dried out it seemed ok but since he wanted to swap the grip from the HK style to a Storm grip we decided to pop the box out and have a look inside. Found some quite mangled wiring in there , been rubbing on the motor shaft by the look of it. 

Ditched that lot and fitted a new contact / wiring set. Box is back in and ready for testing tomorrow

I’m working though out this, but will be cleaning my TM SCAR H and zeroing it in the forest - also painting my warhammer 40k.  If work stops and I have nothing to do then time to switch on the Xbox and get all Ghost Recon/The Division 2.

Decided there’s no time like the present to get out the wife’s sowIng machine and custom make a ghillie suit to fit this larger than the normal body.

The scariest thing is that I’m gonna have to trust my misses with some pins when I want to get a pattern made and then again to test fit the prototype /scared

Well the 416 is finished , rebuilt box working nicely , but ended up replacing the box with a Tomtac one that my mate had. He prefers the trigger pull on the Tomtac which has a micro switch. Replaced the mag catch too, the original was horrid and didn't feel like it was holding the mag securely . It's now got a nice ambi catch that I had in my spares box. It's now shooting very nicely and sits just under our local site limit on power. 

With that off the bench I've started doing a few bits on my own stuff. Sorted out a flash mag that came as part of a boneyard job lot, all striped and fixed. Got round to fitting a Deans connector on the Minimi so the adapter can go back in the battery box.

Got a set of mid cap mags through from Fire Support for my Sten, noticed that the front guard on it is a bit loose, it's only held by one screw so I thing I'll drill and tap it for a second one.

• Supporters

built an m4 out of scrap parts, of course the only COL i had which was the right shape for it had been modified for a mosfet, so my choices are FA only or SA only.

problem is the gate pico i dropped in is causing lockups on semi, same as the gun i pinched it from. gonna have to order me some good ol' basic mosfets to replace them.

also the fusion engine poppet was leaking slightly last trip out, so have that to fix, and took the opportunity to really get the smersh set up nicely for me (me being slightly larger diameter than your average russian soldier needed some creative routing of the webbing)

I will be catching up on some Uni work, decorating, gardening, might service the fork & shock on my bikes and enjoying seeing my wife and daughter as I am normally working long hours.  I could listen to a few airsoft related podcasts whilst doing my chores come to think of it.  Does any one have any recommendations?  Spotify rank airsoft radio as the most popular..or I could learn to strip the rifle and do my own tech on that I guess.

hopefully we will all stick to the new rules and the sooner we stay indoors, the sooner we can all go out.  Stay safe.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.