Glock 17 vs hi-capa 5.1

Rups
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Unmodified, buy a hi-capa Gold Match and you’re done

Glock is more robust, and more realistic, hi-capa is a better gun for shooting.

Personally, I dislike Hi-Capas, love Glocks, but my main pistol is a TM FNX, easily the best unmodified pistol there is available

The Gen 3 Glock 17 is slightly dated at this point, so if you're obsessed with peak performance (no doubt your livelihood depends on nano second reaction differential and the extra 37cm one may shoot), then either wait for the Gen. 4 or get a Gold Match Hi Capa.

29 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

I'd say hk45 tbh.... more comfy and wieldly than both imo.

Haha, don't confuse things. It's taken three threads on the same query to get to this point.

Save some cash and get the standard tm 5.1 hi capa, no need to go with the gold match, AMAZING pistols, you will love it straight out the box and if you wish to add a tracer or moderator you can get a outer barrel etc etc 

47 minutes ago, Rups said:

Thank you guys. I really like the glock feel and look too but if the hi-capa is better ill get the hi capa because they are the same price too (117£)

If you like the look of the glock and buy a cappa, prepare to covet thy neighbours glock in the safe zone in the future.... eventually i forsee you  buying one of them aswell if the looks continue to tempt.... 

Thus starting the decent into the deadly (for your bank account) c word..... collection

1 hour ago, Rups said:

Thank you guys. I really like the glock feel and look too but if the hi-capa is better ill get the hi capa because they are the same price too (117£)

There is no better. They are both great and both will serve you extremely well. Buy the one YOU like more. Nobody is withholding a secret about which is better from you.

I bought a G17 after 3 Hi-cappa's. it doesn't fit the hand properly, nowhere near as accurate out of the box and generally not a scratch on a 5.1, and that trigger! yuk,

I LOVE hi capas and the tm is the best of the best, you honestly wont be disappointed, great range and accuracy, straight out the box, it can easily be improved as well, all you really need is a tight bore barrel and if you are wanting to add a tracer unit get either a sas 9 ball kit or a threaded outer barrel, that's all you really need.

Ive added a metal slide to mine also but got someone in my local club who is a genius with hi capas to fit it for me as the frame needs filing to fit a metal slide, its not needed though, will run on green gas great and perform amazing.

Heres a pic of mine :) 

89257064_10222790929067603_2442296173201981440_n.jpg

Hicapas and Glock’s are quite different animals ergonomically.

If you get the chance try the following with each pistol: With the pistol held down at your side look at a target at normal target range. Then close your eyes and bring the pistol up into the aim pointing at the target. Then open your eyes and without moving anything check out the sight picture with the pistol. The best weapon ergonomically will be the one that naturally gives you the best sight picture on the target. Then choose that one as ergonomics is something you can’t really change on a pistol.

Out of the box the High Capa is probably the better weapon, but if the grip angle is wrong for you or the height of the sights above the bore don’t work for you these are much harder to fix (basically you have to spend a lot of time retraining muscle memory) than the accuracy or hop or whatever, which is just a matter of buying and fitting bits to get the performance you want.

Obviously this is from the perspective of someone who’s airsoft hobby focusses heavily on timed practical shooting and therefore weapon transition times and first shot time and target transition time and accuracy are really important.

Hi so ive heard green gas is gonna break tokyo marui pistol fast af and i wanted to know how fast does a hi capa 5.1 or g17 last in my country where its like 18-25° celcius in the summer?

Thanks

Mate, there is no need to post 5 threads :)

you can do it all in one ;)

Anyway, no it's not going to break. But, if you have access to different gases (say duster and green gas) you should use the lowest pressure one (134a/duster/nuprol 1.0) during summer, green gas/np 2.0 in autumn/winter/spring.

You've already been told it'll be fine by several people on one of your previous threads. I don't mean this offensively but are you all ok, is there something we should know? 

• Head Moderator

Moderator Comment

Question on gas merged with this topic.

On 17/03/2020 at 14:59, Steveocee said:

5.1 mags look awful though. 4.3 mags in a 5.1 all the way.

I agree. For a mere two or three bbs fewer, I would say the 4.3 mags are a better option.

The only way to make the 5.1 mags look OK is to half cover them with a custom magwell.

Not really a solution if you don't like magwells.

On 17/03/2020 at 08:36, rocketdogbert said:

Unmodified, buy a hi-capa Gold Match and you’re done

Glock is more robust, and more realistic, hi-capa is a better gun for shooting.

Personally, I dislike Hi-Capas, love Glocks, but my main pistol is a TM FNX, easily the best unmodified pistol there is available

I'm a bit surprised to hear you say that. I thought there were several known weak points in the TM Glock.

With the hi capa, as with all TMs it seems to be just the plastic slide. 

The Gold Match is a great pistol by all accounts but I would get the regular 5.1. When funds allow buy an on offer Staccato slide, 120% recoil spring and enhanced nozzle from Mike Cribbs for only £77 and you'll have a great gun. 

Or just order the gun from him and ask him to fit the parts for you. 

I should point out that I do not know Mike personally, have no connection with him or his business, other than as a past customer, and benefit in no way whatsoever from recommending his services.

I have two hi capas - one he modified for me, and one I bought the parts for and modified myself. I have eight pistols including four WE Glocks and two stock plastic TMs, all of which I love, but these two are the best. I do love Glocks, but for me, hi capas feel better in my hand. And have better triggers.

13 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

'm a bit surprised to hear you say that. I thought there were several known weak points in the TM Glock.

I don’t know any

Archived