What pistol gas and suppressors

kasaran
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So looking at getting an ASG CZ P-09, the dark earth plastic one on green gas.

Im after something that could have a suppressor or tracer unit put on for night games.  im not sure if it already has a threaded barrel, but you can buy a replacement barrel that is threaded from fire support, so thats all good.

the doubt comes in when an old youtube video, 2013 i believe, made the claim that the added weight of a suppressor means that green gas pistols dont cycle well/reliably and Co2 is the way to go for that extra power.  Is this true?  i have not run any muzzle device on my guns before now so its all new. 

If Co2 does have an advantage, then id rather see if KJW do threaded outer barrels that can fit in their G17's as i already have a Co2 one of them.

Well, the barrel isn't attached to the frame so the extra weight of a suppressor will cause friction against the slide. I don't know anybody who has a pistol from the cz line that isn't using co2. I will be joining too as I bought myself a co2 KP09 (cz75) today. Tired of hicapas and glocks.

• Supporters

Adding weight to any tilting barrel design (even on rs firearms- look up forgottenweapons video on the mk23) is going to add load to the cycling of the slide.

Considering our airsoft pistols can struggle to cycle on green gas in cold weather needless to say a tracer isnt going to help.

More powerful gas (ie co2) will definately help at the cost of the usual negatives of co2 (increased wear and tear, higher fps and sketchy mag reliability).

What would really do the trick is a non-tilting barrel, although i dont know if these are available outside of the hicapa.

If you are not set on the CZ, you can get a thread adaptor for glock 17 and 18s that slides onto the under rail. It's called an SAS front kit.

This means that the suppressor is attached to the thread on the new extension rather than the tilting barrel, meaning no performance issues

15843999050603566694012445656930.jpg

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Adding weight to any tilting barrel design (even on rs firearms- look up forgottenweapons video on the mk23) is going to add load to the cycling of the slide.

Considering our airsoft pistols can struggle to cycle on green gas in cold weather needless to say a tracer isnt going to help.

More powerful gas (ie co2) will definately help at the cost of the usual negatives of co2 (increased wear and tear, higher fps and sketchy mag reliability).

What would really do the trick is a non-tilting barrel, although i dont know if these are available outside of the hicapa.

Makarovs :)) And the ics korth prs. Dont know of anything else.

• Supporters
52 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Makarovs :)) And the ics korth prs. Dont know of anything else.

true, inherently fixed barrel designs also work. although granted i doubt you're stuffing a tracer unit into a makarov suppressor and even then have fun using the iron sights :P

Archived