Wizard King Kong Super 2

steve1462
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All,

I've only been playing Airsoft for a few months, and I've picked up a G&G GC16 MOD 0 - 30th Anniversary edition. Its worked pretty well for me, and I've added a few mods that make it more suitable to my play.

My query is regarding trigger response and batteries - 

The FPS is fine, it chrono'd at 326 last time out, but I would like a better trigger response and ROF as this rifle seems quite limited (watching some newer bits of kit in a recent CQB event made me realise that my rifle is a bit dated).

In the box with the rifle, the seller gave me a WIZARD KING KONG SUPER 2 - and said that plugging this in changes the full auto mode to a 3 round burst, which works well. But reading up on this bit of kit mentions its a MOSFET.. so can I run a higher voltage lipo to increase ROF and trigger repsonse (I currently use a 7.4v lipo in the rifle).

If this add-on doesn't allow this, is it worth buying a MOSFET and paying my local shop to wire it in, or buy a new rifle with one built in and has a better trigger response etc.

Cheers,

Steve

• Supporters
12 hours ago, steve1462 said:

Hi All,

I've only been playing Airsoft for a few months, and I've picked up a G&G GC16 MOD 0 - 30th Anniversary edition. Its worked pretty well for me, and I've added a few mods that make it more suitable to my play.

My query is regarding trigger response and batteries - 

The FPS is fine, it chrono'd at 326 last time out, but I would like a better trigger response and ROF as this rifle seems quite limited (watching some newer bits of kit in a recent CQB event made me realise that my rifle is a bit dated).

In the box with the rifle, the seller gave me a WIZARD KING KONG SUPER 2 - and said that plugging this in changes the full auto mode to a 3 round burst, which works well. But reading up on this bit of kit mentions its a MOSFET.. so can I run a higher voltage lipo to increase ROF and trigger repsonse (I currently use a 7.4v lipo in the rifle).

If this add-on doesn't allow this, is it worth buying a MOSFET and paying my local shop to wire it in, or buy a new rifle with one built in and has a better trigger response etc.

Cheers,

Steve

It is a burst wizard thingy stand alone that allows some of the features in plug n play mode

(you just plug it in between battery & gun - like ye olde Avacado burst thingy bollox)

As you are using it atm - in plug n play mode it is NOT a mosfet

(well it is but atm it is not configured/wired as a mosfet)

So in its present form it is not protecting your trigger contacts

To install it in mosfet mode where it will properly protect trigger contacts & full features

then you have to hard wire it in or splice into switch resoldering the trigger contacts in gun

(see install instructions about the two main hard wired methods of external mosfets)

When in hard wired mode, you have to run a thin signal wire to mosfet and presto

However - these burst units/mosfets, you must wait a few seconds after plugging in battery

or you enter programming mode and fuck me you need to read the instructions very very very carefully

Very easy to balls up the settings, where you pull trigger once, twice - then enter a certain mode

then pull trigger quickly three times to set three round burst etc....

Sounds easy right - WRONG

it is like trying to perform a Killer Instinct Ultra Combo when you are pissed out of your head

in other words you got one & one only chance or you fucked it

luckily you can try again - unplug battery & off you go once more....

and if you have ballsed it up completely - there is a reset to default option

(think it is the last final setting)

half hour later you are starting to get your head around

15 minutes later yeah - I got this sussed - most bells whistles working

fuck me this is cool

Then next time you insert your battery at a game - you forget to wait 5 secs

pull the trigger to test fire without thinking.....

AND YOU ENTER SETUP MODE AGAIN - FUCKING UP ALL THOSE SETTINGS

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!

But apart from all that they are pretty good, just need to pass the MENSA test to get your head around it

Manual - but think you have this hand already....

https://www.airsoftworld.net/downloadablefiles/download/aitfile/aitfile_id/139/

(don't say I didn't warn you about getting the trigger pull combo 100% correct or not pulling trigger asap you plug LiPo in)

They still seem to be going perhaps...

http://www.aegwizard.com/home.html

(thought some mosfet firms have packed it in like: Extreme-Fire, Fire-Storm Sytems)

Seriously, if it's a freebie, then just plug it in as is in plug/play mode

have a play around with on limited features etc...

you might suss it out a bit & if so you can consider getting it hard wired properly

then unlock it completely and if all else fails and you throw the thing out the window

your gun has the ability to plop in most other mosfets & crap as the donkey rewire work is done

Main thing is - WAIT after plugging battery or you can mess up the settings

It is about 5 years old by now but they were quite ground breaking at the time

still OK, but not the most user friendly programming mosfets out there today

BUT it can be wired in as a full mosfet with programming features and pre-cocking blah x 3

AND it was FREE, so as said it could be fitted or hard wired in and you are set to go

As said even if you hate it after hard wiring it in - you are effectively setup to replace it

with nigh on most other mosfets including a Gate Warfet or just a basic Nano ASR

(Warfet is a modern user friendly Kong with a keypad/card to program it - but £75 not cheap)

Now as for better response - hmmmm....

The gun is getting on for 5 years old perhaps, 2015 30th MOD 0 & 26 appear as limited editions (1985~2015)

(yeah I reckon the MOD 0 looks a bit better than 26, but 26 has a slightly longer battery space I think)

Both editions are front wired - not blowback (thankfully) I think

and "might" have come with better Blue Powerful Motor 25k as opposed to std grey 18k

not ultra powerful but a bit better than the std 18k motor - however by now it might like gun be a bit tired

So the gun could be due a service & a bit of TLC, so the Kong could be fitted whilst it is opened up

and likely check replace stuff like piston o-ring & spring maybe as it has got on a bit

However for a 4~5 year old to still be shooting 326fps when G&G's shoot say 335

that is either hardly been used or has been serviced I would have thought ???

Inside the box, usually on Combat Machines and "some" others they often used 8mm bronzey bushings

(which after a fair bit of use will be going a bit - especially under spur gear)

However on other guns G&G used 8mm bearings, even the screws could be allen key or philips head

(they do mix it a bit and can find philips & bearings in one gun that normally comes with bronzey bushings)

It all depends on what it is like inside as & when it gets ripped open

if it is a bit knackered you could change gears to 13:1 for some zest and clean up motor if blue motor

if std 18k - perhaps replace it but cost effective motors are a bit thin on the ground atm from China

You could just say fuck it - run it on 11.1v, but then you gotta buy a couple of new LiPo's

and you might shorter the life of gun if using as is without service & mosfet

But then when it needs attention then you could go & do all the upgrades as & when it's in the shop

You could run it on 9.9v LiFe or 9.6v nimah but tbh I wouldn't advise it as cost/performance is not awesome

You could buy say modest 20c 11.1v - not 25c or 30c stuff, but modest 11.1v LiPo's if you got 18k motor

(not so keen to just chuck in beefier 25c with Blue Motor as though it will be within margins

the gun's stock piston may not hold up very long term the more you push it on old bushings/stock piston)

Whatever your rate of fire is on 7.4v then multiply by 1.55 will roughly mean the extra cell

(it is a smidge over 50% coz gun is already cycling, so extra cell is boosting the moving drive chain)

Example: if your ROF is 13rps then you should expect 20rps

or maybe 18~19rps on 20c 11.1v

**** BUT do NOT chuck in 11.1v if you or previous owner dropped in a faster motor ***

eg: ROF of say 16rps or more would make 25rps on 11.1v and old stock guns may not like/last

So ergh with any suggestions with a bit of caution as gun is a bit old and I don't know history

or any previous work carried out or in what condition it is in to start pushing it a bit more as is

Hence, though you could start to push it a bit as is - a little

I'd be tempted to get the gun serviced and fit the mosfet you have

then after it is all checked out you can start to push it a bit more with a bit of zest

Or live with it for a while, wait until the fps drops to 300fps then get it sorted in one go

Yes you could push it a little, buy modest 11.1v perhaps (depending on motor)

Or stay on 7.4v and new 30k motor, 13:1 fit Kong and some tweaks ready for 22rps +

(so no need to buy new 11.1's, but parts list increases, ergo a trade off but it might need servicing)

It's front wired, I like rear wired, but I would be tempted to stay true to its form and keep it up front

(I might go nuts changing stock for thick wire at back but I think I'd keep it as original looking 30th)

So going nutz up front wiring....

Alpha Eco 16awg wiring

30k motor, 13:1 gears, SHS blue full metal rack piston - new piston head too (G&G ones are bit meehhh)

Bearing spring guide as probably std G&G one in there, partially correct AoE

maybe nozzle & cylinder head

Spring ??? well if you are hitting 326fps, a bearing spring guide will add say 15fps

& new o-ring/piston if old one is not brilliant - you are at 350fps I would have thought

(I mean yeah you could consider stuff like short stroking but chances are you are only just over 20rps)

((if spring was a bit high on a grey import, but you had low compression @ 326fps, yeah knock a tooth off))

Whoooaaaaaa.... getting well ahead of myself & all that

Best advice use it as is for now, get used to not releasing trigger too early on semi 13rps

wait until the fps drops or gun plays up, then look at options inc fitting the Kong as a mosfet

You could buy another gun - you probably will at some point

then when this becomes your spare/backup/loaner gun you can look at options/budget

Tricky to advise you though as gun is a bit old and don't know if it is still stock

or been tweaked/service already let alone what condition or what rps/motor is in there

Fair chance it was perhaps a Blue in 30th's but who knows with G&G batches in the past

(First batch of FireHawks were rapid Top Tech ones, but later made slower ones with 18k motor)

Best of luck

Archived