Brand new E&L AK feeding issues

cptTHC

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I done my research for a good solid AK and came to settle on an E&L from gunfire and although it's a beautiful bit of kit it just will not feed properly even with the mag it came with which fits snugly.

On semi auto it seems to fire every second shot (sometimes) and full auto it can jam up even when it doesn't fire every shot and the fps has been anywhere between 320-370 which is another issue on it's own 

Any suggestions for help would be ideal as I'm hoping to get out on the field this sunday 

@cptTHC 👋

I have 2 E&L AK’s different models, both 2nd hand, both I believe are factory setting? 🤔

AKM

AKS-74U

I was fortunate to get my fair share of mags with them.

I found a few simple methods, to get them working: (My experience!) 🤔

1. Pull the trigger.

Sounds stupid, but being soft on the trigger it tends to not fire properly!

2. Double tap.

With both of mine they work after the 2 shot, but a few double taps, to make sure the motor is responding properly!

3. A burst of Full Auto

If the double tap, doesn’t work a good full auto burst should clear it, then should work for both settings!

4. Grip the mag.

Sometimes holding the mag, helps with the feeding system, also lets you know if your running low or out! 
5. Mag Springs and barrel maintenance.

Lubing the spring helps to work properly, good for maintenance and clean the barrel will help you shoot the target!

Hope this helps.... try them.... let me know!? 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

2 hours ago, cptTHC said:

On semi auto it seems to fire every second shot (sometimes) and full auto it can jam up even when it doesn't fire every shot and the fps has been anywhere between 320-370 which is another issue on it's own 

You might want to check the amount of hop you have on as it sounds like that might be causing the firing of every second shot and jamming on full auto to much hop can cause this.

You could also try switching mags if you have another.

• 1 month later...
On 14/03/2020 at 09:01, Samurai said:

Must use good BBs.

That was a good part of the issue thanks! 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.