Ssp1 vs ssx23

Rups

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Tbf the stock tm mk23 is a similar price bracket to the ssx but the ssx has some bits pre upgraded. So the ssx will give some extra performance over a stock tm. But the ssx is essentially an upgraded mk23 clone and there's much better mk23 internal upgrades than what's in the ssx. So to pick up a clone and upgrade it is more cost effective and with the right upgrades you will out perform the ssx. Provided you aren't bothered by the metal slide, not sure what the cost would be if you added that. As for the ssp1 it's a kjw with a few internal upgrades. It does work out at a reasonable price if you where to buy a kjw and the same upgrades separate I did work it out once. Kjw are hit and miss which is why novs is. That said I'd rather have a tm capa than it, but then there's lots of gbb pistols I'd have over the tm capa. 

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Meanwhile mans is here running a battered old tm hicapa on nuprol 4.0 for the past 2 years....

And bearing in mind that gun was at least third hand when i got it and the only "upgrades" are the hop rubber and barrel (which arent strictly necessary i just can't leave a gun stock no matter how good it is).

Skara's passion for this is because he made the mistake you seem dead set on making and wants to save you the headache. He's a good guy and he might sound rude here but in his own words better to be honest and sound like a dick than lie. As you can see he's by no means the only one who's speaking from experience. Even the guy who got a "good" ssp1 is saying the same thing.

End of the day you can buy what you like, but you're asking for our opinion and we're providing it.

Thanks. But can you point out ehat makes even the stock tm better than the ssp1 im starting this airsoft thingy and this just seems good because as i understand its upgraded out of the box. The cost of tm 5.1 and ssp1 would be same.

42 minutes ago, Rups said:

Thanks. But can you point out ehat makes even the stock tm better than the ssp1 im starting this airsoft thingy and this just seems good because as i understand its upgraded out of the box. The cost of tm 5.1 and ssp1 would be same.

Have you completely ignored the entire thread?

You want us to say get the Novritsch guns and you wont stop hanging on to the idea of getting one until someone actually recommends it. 99% of people will recommend a TM. There is a reason for that. 

You're new to the sport, you've been blinded by Novs videos. We are for the most part experienced airsofters on here and we are telling you, get a TM.

TM's work flawlessly out of the box, great gas consumption so you can use them in the winter, completely upgradeable if needed and are utterly reliable.

The chances of getting a lemon with the Nov gun are much higher. They dont perform as well and you are paying for the name. 

But if you insist on the SSX or SSP and you want to waste your money on something Inferior then a TM then get the SSP. Less to go wrong with it because it's not a blowback pistol. 

7 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Have you completely ignored the entire thread?

You want us to say get the Novritsch guns and you wont stop hanging on to the idea of getting one until someone actually recommends it. 99% of people will recommend a TM. There is a reason for that. 

You're new to the sport, you've been blinded by Novs videos. We are for the most part experienced airsofters on here and we are telling you, get a TM.

TM's work flawlessly out of the box, great gas consumption so you can use them in the winter, completely upgradeable if needed and are utterly reliable.

The chances of getting a lemon with the Nov gun are much higher. They dont perform as well and you are paying for the name. 

But if you insist on the SSX or SSP and you want to waste your money on something Inferior then a TM then get the SSP. Less to go wrong with it because it's not a blowback pistol. 

Don't bother.

It's just not worth it..

55 minutes ago, Rups said:

Ill give you the pros and cons of each , bearing in mind I agree with everyone else about getting the TM.

Pros of the SSP1:

Metal Slide (TM's is plastic)

Hop up can supposedly lift heavy BBs (very little point unless this pistol is your primary, which would be stupid).

Supposedly CO2 ready

Cons of the SSP1:

Spotty Quality Control, especially on the magazines. Expect feeding issues and the like.

Not fully compatible with the Tokyo Marui standard (TM Hicapas are the original hicapa and the Novritsch is somewhat a clone)

Heavy slide = Bad winter performance unless you use CO2

Pros of the TM:

Plastic slide is very light which means the gun is very responsive and snappy, performs well in the winter.

Legendary TM quality control, it will work out of the box with the only thing you have to fiddle with being the hop up.

Thousands of upgrade parts available, probably the most supported pistol platform out there in airsoft.

Good Magazines

Cons of the TM:

Plastic slide may eventually break.

Hop up may not be able to lift Heavy BBs.

Definitely not CO2 compatible at all.

If you are genuinely new to airsoft and didn't know about the specifics of Novritsch's products its understandable why you could see that his products appear better.

My recommendation, get a TM HI-CAPA, run it until the slide breaks (will be quite a while), then get a metal slide if you so wish.

Also to note the kjw co2 mags are crap and don't last 5min. I've had one's not hold gas from new.  And all sprung a leak after 4-5 bulbs max. 

• Supporters
40 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Also to note the kjw co2 mags are crap and don't last 5min. I've had one's not hold gas from new.  And all sprung a leak after 4-5 bulbs max. 

I think your off someone's Christmas card list 😒

• Supporters
On 13/03/2020 at 14:48, Rups said:

Hi, so im wondering whitch is better. The non blowback or blowback. Help me out pls

Fuck it, buy them both, you want them so just have them, you deserve them, you've worked hard for them 😏

download (5).jpeg

Got 5 or 6 of the bloody things. Then again it was when they where first out so could be something to do with early ones. Also happened with a few mates same issue with the 1911 ones. Complained to kjw and they just tried to sell me more seals and I thought fuck it I'll stick with standard gas. With a few mods and a nice aluminum slide it didn't run too bad on green tbf. 

the SSX23 is a better rival to its counterparts than the SSP1 is to the other capas on market.

I got one of the first batch of SSX23's, it worked very well......apart from the jamming/double feeding. Slightly frustrating that Nov's immediate reaction was to release a video telling people they weren't putting BB's in the mags correctly or even more ludicrously weren't pulling the trigger correctly. However this year they've released the "2020 Version" and guess what.....the main improvement is...drum roll please..... "All new feed lips"....but wait, I thought there was nothing wrong with the first lot Novy ol' boy!? IMO at least two feedlips should have been sent out FOC to anyone who'd bought the first iteration. Anyway I bought some and now really like my SSX23, it's quiet, shoots far and is reliable. 

Anyway, that was just me venting. As already stated, we don't know your play style. One is more suitable for CQB and the other long distance....it's obvious which is which, so only you can make that choice.

19 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

However this year they've released the "2020 Version" and guess what.....the main improvement is...drum roll please..... "All new feed lips"....but wait, I thought there was nothing wrong with the first lot Novy ol' boy!? IMO at least two feedlips should have been sent out FOC to anyone who'd bought the first iteration.

I had exactly the same problem with my STTi clone mag lips. I tried to source some genuine TM lips and failed but instead ended up with WE M9 lips which are exactly the same fitment. Has been feeding perfectly since and for £9 I won't complain.

My £40 STTi hopping 0.4's outranges pretty much all >350fps AEG's.

I own a Standard TM5.1, a WE big dragon 7.1, a Mike Cripps heavily modified TM Goldmatch (£500 of mods) and a  SSP1 (with cutaway slide and short stroked). I run all 3 on the highest gas that provides just less than 350fps at the time. TM plastic slide on the 5.1 happily running Nuprol Black in the cold. I have 15 hi-cappa mags in total 4xTM, 8Novi the rest ebay jobs

I use the SSP1 as my skirmish gun, and its loud, fast and reasonably accurate and reliable. it wears a O-light Balder laser and 1500 lumen light, always run on black gas

I use the Mike Cripps Special for IPSC and target work, it is laser accurate. it runs on Black gas all year round as recommended by Mike. It is an amazing pistol. 4" cluster at 25m

The 5.1 is for play and I'm slowly upgrading it, Still plastic slide and normally on red or black gas. Is pretty good stock

The WE 7.1 was an impulse buy. it's not accurate for anything other than close range skirmish, and is too hot just on green gas. Had to strip and rebuild it to get it to work OK

The SSX-23 is for sniping. its quiet, accurate and longer range than most AEG's, runs green to black gas based on the temperature as per Novi's guides

I've had no major issues with any gun

However TM mags leak like sieves from the base O rings until you service and seal them

Novi's feed lips benefit from a quick file to improve feeding on both the SSP1 and SSX23, his newer feed lips are much better

Both TM and Niv's mags are completely interchangeable in my guns. Issues are normally fixed by changing router height

Cheapy ebay mags often have issues with leaks and fit

P.S. I also have

AA G17

TM Python 4"

TM Desert Eagle

HSG B92

SRC B92

The hi-cappa's out shoot them all

• 3 weeks later...

One thing i will add to that after reading these comments.. go TM.. I Collect TM pistols, my wife collects WE and she will agree TM has better performance but looks and feels like a toy out of poundland compared to hers. 

I was looking into getting the ssp1 and ssx pistols too but had bad feedback on these. But i do own a ssg24 and i had absolutely fantastic customer service from the NOV team when i enqired about the item and also advise on the scope and takedown of the rifle. I have worse customer service in our airsoft shops in the uk as all they want is your money and its worse when your face to face with them saying buy this it will make your weapon more accurate!! When you cant see a change as you already have a tight bore fitted with decent rubber and hop unit.

Also i think steveoc is a pure knob gobler for replying that comment as it was pure rude and shouldnt be able to comment like that on this forum!

• 2 weeks later...
On 04/04/2020 at 14:50, Brad666 said:

Also i think steveoc is a pure knob gobler for replying that comment as it was pure rude and shouldnt be able to comment like that on this forum!

Shame nobody asked or cares for your opinion of me then.

If you don't like something then use the report button, other than that you're just a random nobody on the internet disagreeing with another random nobody.

**See not only did I reply I was also helpful to you.

• Supporters
On 04/04/2020 at 14:50, Brad666 said:

strong first post......

also which comment are you referring to? because as far as i can tell steve's done his best to help the op in this thread....

3 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

I think you'll find the term is "knob gobbler" 😂

ooooooooh.

got it :P (not being an English native sucks)

And yes, we knew that too already :P

• Supporters

See, Steves an international celebrity, & not rude at all 😏

The Ted Crilly warning is one of the best things is seen in a while. Love this place

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.