NYPDs latest bust

Heath

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There have been a few posts about UK related airsoft guns being seized by the police, so here's a story from across the pond. A youtuber was seen with his gear on recording himself on a rooftop on new york. SWAT and a police helicopter were called, and the person was arrested. The NYPD were proud to display their latest bust on twitter. I'm not sure why they decided to include his gloves, and more importantly the speedloader in the photo, but it's a good thing they got them off the streets. 

Post image

Silly arse, this is why I dont even use mine in the garden, too many overlooking properties for me to tell everyone near me they are toys and not to call the old bill.

Even sillier of the nypd to pose with them especially when the speedloader gives them away at toys :D plus by this point they would have know, so why pose and pretend they are real guns. So stupid.

Im not on twitter but the worldwide airsoft community needs to spam the precincts account telling them the subject had TOYS in his possession!!!

To be fair the guy was using what appeared to be very real guns in the middle of New York... 

The police picture afterwards was pretty stupid though

36 minutes ago, Splodge said:

To be fair the guy was using what appeared to be very real guns in the middle of New York... 

I'm definitely not criticising the police response to him being out in public with a gun. Better safe than sorry, and all that. The blame lies entirely on the youtuber. The posed photo and the caption afterwards definitely gives the impression that they're more than just toys. 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Splodge said:

The police picture afterwards was pretty stupid though

Especially when they add the sentence "the risks our officers face every day", as far as I can tell the youtuber faced all the risks, unless if course he chose to return fire, at which point the cops run the risk of something akin to a black man's pinch (am I still allowed to call them that 🤔) if his FPS is high ?.

Seriously, they did their job, well done, but shite follow up on twitter, frickin drama queens.

edit: just watched the video, what a f@ckin plum, & he carried on posturing for the camera, failing to spot the chopper circling overhead..........yet another reason to hate all airsoft youtube "celebrities", bunch of twatty walts, just play the game ffs.

Edited by Tackle

The NYPD are notorious for posting photos of seized "weapons", often omitting the fact they are replicas/airsoft/airguns. It's not a gun friendly city and former mayor Bloomberg is fanatically anti-second amendment. 

The guy in question is a complete idiot. You play stupid games and you win stupid prizes. But there should be transparency in the original post by the police. 

I wonder if he'll get any of his stuff back?

Although a silly thing to do, he didn't threaten anyone.

Just some do-gooder saw him and called the over reactive po-po.

• 4 weeks later...
On 15/03/2020 at 17:29, EDcase said:

I wonder if he'll get any of his stuff back?

Although a silly thing to do, he didn't threaten anyone.

Just some do-gooder saw him and called the over reactive po-po.

I doubt it - they are illegal in New York

He’s removed the American orange tips plus New York state law requires an orange strip along the body.

He broke the law and by being an idiot he publicised that fact

It makes you feel quite lucky that given our laws are so strict on firearms that obtaining and using airsoft guns has not seen much limitation. Anyone who genuinely uses air rifles and airsoft guns should see them for what they are - guns. I waved a cap gun in someones face in Orlando as a kid and got a bollocking because understandably people don't want guns pointed at them. It may be a game and hobby to us but for everyone else it's potentially a threat, so we have to respect that.

• Supporters
On 12/03/2020 at 19:05, Tackle said:

Damn right, even on normal uk gamedays the users should at the very least be tazered 😡

Taser with an "S" not "Z".

Thomas

A

Swift's 

Electric

Rifle

Sorry it really grinds my gears

download.png.cd0c443f47906bbd84f06cb41cf4c571.png

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, Shizbazki said:

Taser with an "S" not "Z".

Thomas

A

Swift's 

Electric

Rifle

Sorry it really grinds my gears

download.png.cd0c443f47906bbd84f06cb41cf4c571.png

Don't blame me, blame predictive text 😏

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.