S&T Sterling LiPo battery query

Darknessmourn
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Anyone running an S&T beta project Sterling or Stormtrooper blaster? If so, what battery are you using and where did you get it?!! 

I have a Turnigy 11.1v 3 cell, the only type I have found that fits, but while it charges and discharges fine all it does in the RIF is make the wires hot !! The RIF works fine on other batteries but they won't fit in the gun !! Getting a bit desperate after 9 months!!

Any help gratefully received!🙂

I sold mine but I was running a Kong Power 7.4 lipo that was basically half the size of a computer mouse - I think I got it from Fire Support but I cant see any on there currently.  

This looks close enough in size though

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/7-4v-850mah-30c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery.html?___SID=U

1 hour ago, Darknessmourn said:

Cheers chaps,  how did your RIF get on with the 7.4 ? I'd seen elsewhere they really need an 11.1 to be useable?

It was fine.  However, the trigger contacts are notoriously crap so if you can squeeze a small mosfet in there somewhere to limit the current do it.  It shoots fantastically with a new hop rubber, I was hitting over 50m with such a small gun.  Also, you dont want an 11.1 as the fire rate will go through the roof and you will not make nay friends with it trust me.

Oh and never ever ever take it apart......f*ck me its a pain.  Take it back to where you bought it or to a good Tech like Negative Airsoft or Fire Support

Excellent!! Right,  will purchase one of them then!! Great tips on the issues there,  many thanks! 

A bit tricky to get it back to who I bought it from as BunnyWorks is Hong Kong based!! But there are a few workshops down here who should be able to cope 🙂

Just out of interest,  what model did you have? I went a bit wild and bought the Mk5 Silenced version 😁

Archived