Essex Players?

JakeThePanda
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi All! 

Anyone here from and play in the Essex area? 

Looking to expand my connections and possibly make friends who I can enjoy the sport with! 

Currently, I play at Splatoon in Wickford/Shotgate!

hi,

im essex based. started back up and p[laying at skirmish billericay 

Yep, I’m Essex based (Brentwood).

I do practical shooting at MPA Hockley every Tuesday. It’s a great way of getting an Airsoft fix Mid week, and really sharpens your weapon handling skills, which really improves your skirmishing.

I also skirmish from time to time when work and kids allow. Airsoft Plantation is good, but a bit too waterlogged in the current weather. Been meaning to check Splatoon out, but not got round to it yet.

On 14/03/2020 at 22:49, Cyberlawyer said:

Yep, I’m Essex based (Brentwood).

I do practical shooting at MPA Hockley every Tuesday. It’s a great way of getting an Airsoft fix Mid week, and really sharpens your weapon handling skills, which really improves your skirmishing.

I also skirmish from time to time when work and kids allow. Airsoft Plantation is good, but a bit too waterlogged in the current weather. Been meaning to check Splatoon out, but not got round to it yet.

Maybe if you fancied we could meet at splatoon at one of their skirmish days? 

I used to play at Hockley but their low FPS limit means none of my guns are suitable and i really dislike their rentals! 

Hope to hear back soon!

On 14/03/2020 at 16:11, oddjob said:

hi,

im essex based. started back up and p[laying at skirmish billericay 

I played my first game in a few years at Skirmish Billericay.... regret ever going back to that site!

If you want a super fun local site i would 100% recommend Splatoon!

Their field is just amazing and gives much more fast paced action compared to skirmish!

36 minutes ago, JakeThePanda said:

Maybe if you fancied we could meet at splatoon at one of their skirmish days? 

I used to play at Hockley but their low FPS limit means none of my guns are suitable and i really dislike their rentals! 

I have been meaning to check out Splatoon, I have heard some good reviews. 

I don’t really skirmish at Hockley either so the FPS limit isn’t an issue (not that I wouldn’t, in fact I have been trying to organise a time to go, but I have other commitments with kids that get in the way). I run a gas blowback rifle so that’s not allowed either.

However their practical shooting Night is great for working on weapon skills and drills and really can lift your skirmishing ability, plus as you are shooting targets the low site FPS limits don’t apply.

1 minute ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I have been meaning to check out Splatoon, I have heard some good reviews. 

I don’t really skirmish at Hockley either so the FPS limit isn’t an issue (not that I wouldn’t, in fact I have been trying to organise a time to go, but I have other commitments with kids that get in the way). I run a gas blowback rifle so that’s not allowed either.

However their practical shooting Night is great for working on weapon skills and drills and really can lift your skirmishing ability, plus as you are shooting targets the low site FPS limits don’t apply.

Im more of a skirmisher than target shooter, 

Splatoon is wonderful! Plus i have friends who marshal there :)

I play in Essex a fair bit, normally Airsoft Plantation. Its likely the best woodland site within a reasonable driving distance from London in my opinion.

I would love to do the practical pistol shooting at Hockley but its just a bit too far for me. 

17 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

I would love to do the practical pistol shooting at Hockley but its just a bit too far for me. 

Where are you? It’s only five minute walk from Hockley station 

North London, I looked it up a while ago and its a bit of a drive for me. Plus I work most evenings.

1 minute ago, Albiscuit said:

North London, I looked it up a while ago and its a bit of a drive for me. Plus I work most evenings.

Moot point now, everywhere is shut 👎🏻

Rightly so. Is a shame there does not seem to be anywhere local for me to have a go though.

8 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

Rightly so. Is a shame there does not seem to be anywhere local for me to have a go though.

There is somewhere Brentwood way, never been but a few of the regulars from Hockley went

Archived