Best AK stock and you can upgrade

Noah123
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Unfortunately with the relatively recent price hike to LCT, courtesy of of Nuprol taking over distribution, you're pretty much limited to a CYMA at that budget range. At least when it comes to new anyway. You might get lucky and find a second hand LCT around that bracket but then you're potentially dealing with any faults.

CYMA's are a pretty solid option and their AK's are considered to be a good entry level gun and they are recommended as one of your entry level options. You might be tempted by Arcturus (I think they're around that bracket) but from what I've heard their less than stellar options.

edit: Assuming you have your UKARA (I'm not sure these companies provide two tone) but your best places to get one from would be TaiwanGun or GunFire.

• Supporters

as above i'd be looking at the likes of the cyma's or possibly jg.

they're solid enough performers although the external quality won't be in the same league as lct/e&l.

won't take much to upgrade them either, tbh you sort the air seal and feed them good ammo they're pretty good anyway, although standard enough boxes mean you can go mad if you so desire.

Wait for some sales and you might be able to pick up an E&L on the continent for around £200. 

But a CYMA from Taiwangun and have them downgrade the power to UK level. I’m fairly certain they tinker it to get the air seal good while they are in there too. Mine came with 3-4 fps deviance over 20 shots! 

Budget AK = CYMA - and believe me they shoot beautifully.  Stick to the models in the 40s range that are labelled CYMA048 for example, not the ones in the CYMA20s range, they are built differently

You won't go wrong with a Cyma. 

The best AK style rifle, stock, is a real sword type 56, though you'd be very lucky to find one for anywhere near £200

• Supporters

This....

https://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/cm-077d-cyma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

followed by this....

Gotta admit excellent value & clever fucking idea of fitting battery

yeah it is still a stick type as opposed to almost any size block in reg AK like cheapo 028a etc...

But a more modern AK, fit mosfet under dust cover & run just the wires at back for lipo

Not a big AK fan myself but gotta give credit for a good AK

(you won't need to go nutz on upgrades & changing much, got metal hop, decent(ish) barrels on Cyma etc..)

& clever innovative tweaking & battery relocation by Luke etc...

(as per usual)

You run it with std motor as is or maybe on 11.1v if slower 27/28 tps std cyma motor

(looks like it, but don't quote me)

Or a 30k SHS/RA upgrade & run on 7.4v - either or you'll get say 20rps

Maybe get the Cyma metal rack piston for a fiver, m100 spring or downgraded by TWG free blah x 3

change hop bucking/barrel as & when you need to, but for say £150 gun delivered

you stll got £50 to play with & doubt if you will find much better

Well - I'd fucking grab it if I had £150 spare & a place left to hide it from missus

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Noah123 said:

Thanks for the responses. CYMA seems like a good option what first few upgrade would be best.

geoff's .3's and a good barrel clean.

it sounds like you're getting your first gun so i'd urge you to seriously consider the implications of "upgrading" your only gun, because if it doesn't work out then you can be left stuck when it comes to game day if it breaks or doesn't perform well because the last "upgrade" didn't work out.

this is especially true if as @E21A says you buy from taiwangun and they sort the comression while changing the spring, because that'll give you a very nice performer right out of the gate.

my reccommendation would be just to run it for a while, get used to it, and if you find a specific area that you want to improve (eg trigger response, range, accuracy etc) then we can recommend ways to achieve it.

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Noah123 said:

Thanks for the responses. CYMA seems like a good option what first few upgrade would be best.

Jeeeeeeez

if you look, Luke kept nigh on most things stock

you don't need a bearing spring guide coz it comes with one

he kept the stock brass barrel, stock nozzle etc....

afaik it was kept nigh on stock mechanically wise, just a clean & regrease etc...

then fitted a mosfet - but even then not a must have out of box

a clean up, maybe new piston o-ring to boost a 330fps gun to nigh on 350

and that seems to be it - but he is very very experienced

so as said, use it for a while and only bother to upgrade & replace stuff as & when needed

£150 gun leaves £50...

£28 motor RA HT for 7.4v but can use stock motor on higher juice

(can't really go nutz past 20rps on full stroke AK imho)

So motor upgrade is really an as & when upgrade

I personally would grab the metal rack piston for a fiver, maybe nozzle

but not rush ripping her open if you are not clued up & fuck it up

Mosfet - well a basic £10~£15 will suffice or something

The barrel is not that bad, cyma barrels are not crap and crowned well I reckon

Maple bucking & nub at some point perhaps but barrel change only if cyma one is really bad

THAT is about it - you don't need to go nutz & even if/when you don't need to upgrade everything

it seems to be a pretty decent gun as is...

Which is what you asked about & what you get over a 028 or cheapo 520

well that 077 cyma looks to be very good bang for your buck

even though the gearbox/motor looks exact same as 028

you get metal lower receiver and a pretty nice looking AK for not a lot over the 028 price

(they just bothered to paint box black - that is all)

the bearing spring guide is good to know

use it as is, clean barrel, get your head around hop setting & just go with it

everything is detailed in vid, well briefly detailed, but it shows a decent AK doesn't have to cost the earth

even the 028a 2-toned from say patrolbase ain't bad - really it ain't for a first gun

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/cyma-cm-028-tactical-ak47

or somewhere decent

(don't get the 520, has more plastic bits than 028a & by the time you replace them best bought the 028a)

then if you wish get the 077 if you still want when ukara'd blah x 3

(flog the 028 if you wish or keep as a spare)

but don't think you gotta upgrade stuff asap

and if you are new to this - maybe consider getting somebody like Luke to tweak it

get your feet wet maybe but don't try to run before you learned to walk regarding upgrades etc

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

this is especially true if as @E21A says you buy from taiwangun and they sort the comression while changing the spring, because that'll give you a very nice performer right out of the gate.

Im entirely sure that they do that, possibly even clean the barrel. I’ve never had a gun shoot so well out of the box, I’m very hesitant to take it apart and see ( I normally would have done so even before I fielded it). I’m seriously shocked. Unless I get very very lucky of course. 

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, E21A said:

Im entirely sure that they do that, possibly even clean the barrel. I’ve never had a gun shoot so well out of the box, I’m very hesitant to take it apart and see ( I normally would have done so even before I fielded it). I’m seriously shocked. Unless I get very very lucky of course. 

possibly you got a monday morning gun.

although it would be the first thing i'd check if i have to open the box, kind of a "while i'm in here" kind of thing, i'd be surprised if they did that as a freebie (although if they do then good on them that's a cut above what you'd expect)

9 hours ago, Noah123 said:

Clean barrel, change hop rubber.  Upgrade complete.

My cyma ak was the 1 joule 74u varient with the wooden foregrip, classic style.  Think the number was in the 50's.   Great little shooter from TG. Wouldnt suprise me if they had tinkered with it, or cyma are the best buget pews out there?

Must. Resist. Urge. To. Add. AK. To. Collection.....

Where did I put my credit card????

Its not my first gun but i have never done any upgrades on aegs but i understand why u say use it before upgrading it. i was thinking of the cyma CM040C.

https://gunfire.com/en/products/cm040c-assault-rifle-replica-1152192185.html

And i was wondering the CM040C comes with a 8.4v ni-mh. could i use a lipo with it and if so what voltage. my other gun uses a lipos.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived