Played my first game and I’m hooked

Shenaf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all. I played my first game at the weekend and what an amazing sport Airsoft is. I played at Hunting Ground in Lincolnshire and it was an amazing day. Looking forward to getting my ukara now and start spending some hard earned cash on my own equipment. Would highly recommend Hunting Ground to anyone who wants a game in Lincolnshire.

@Shenaf 👋

Glad to hear your first time was amazing, good plan to sort out your UKARA first, during that time you can plan your Loadout! 😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

• Head Moderator

Welcome :).

Thank you guys. I have been looking into the lancer tactical LT-19 Gen 2. On paper it’s the best beginner gun in my budget range, it has a 6.03 bore, v2 gearbox and is the only on I’ve found that is supplied with a 9.6v 1600mah battery and smart charger. Anyone have any comments on it? 

• Supporters
On 09/03/2020 at 12:29, Shenaf said:

Thank you guys. I have been looking into the lancer tactical LT-19 Gen 2. On paper it’s the best beginner gun in my budget range, it has a 6.03 bore, v2 gearbox and is the only on I’ve found that is supplied with a 9.6v 1600mah battery and smart charger. Anyone have any comments on it? 

Oh, sorry, I missed that.  Nothing wrong it on paper (or on screen).  Rotary hop is nice, the 6.03mm barrel is... well, it depends what it's made of, it could be pot metal alloy.

V2 gearbox is standard for most M4s, it doesn't mean anything in particular.

Huh, Patrol Base don't list it, but it appears to have a quick change gearbox to go along with that spare spring.

It's nice that it comes with a battery and charger, but NiMH is old technology.  I'd strongly urge you not to sink another penny into it - if you stick with airsoft, I'd suggest a SkyRC iMax B6 charger and 7.4V LiPo batteries (or look into LiFe) from https://hobbyking.com/

Other than that, sure, why not?  If you want to scrape every penny, the cheapest CYMA M4s do work, but you're not saving much, and the extra features on the LT make a decent argument for themselves.

@Shenaf 👋

Whatever 🔫 you decide to get with your gear, make sure to post a pic? 🤔

Best thing to do before that, whilst getting your UKARA and this is my opinion TOP 5! 
1. Eye protection/ Lower face protection!(Loosing teeth and paying a dentist!)

2. Gets some good boots.

3. Knee pads/ elbow pads

(I tend to wear only knee pads, elbow pads come in handy at CQB!)

4. BDU camo.

5. A good gun bag!

(Don’t want any problems with the P.O.P/ Public or Police!)

Hope this helps.... 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

22 hours ago, GAMBLE said:

@Shenaf 👋

Whatever 🔫 you decide to get with your gear, make sure to post a pic? 🤔

Best thing to do before that, whilst getting your UKARA and this is my opinion TOP 5! 
1. Eye protection/ Lower face protection!(Loosing teeth and paying a dentist!)

2. Gets some good boots.

3. Knee pads/ elbow pads

(I tend to wear only knee pads, elbow pads come in handy at CQB!)

4. BDU camo.

5. A good gun bag!

(Don’t want any problems with the P.O.P/ Public or Police!)

Hope this helps.... 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

I have already sorted my lower face mask. My eye pro I have in a basket waiting for payday😒 I’m thinking of going for the pyramex I force. I have the boots and Camo is also in a basket. I shoot air rifles so already have a good gun bag. So it’s just a waiting game now.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Shenaf said:

pyramex I force

Yarp, they're a decent default choice. Dual pane, not bulky.  Some of us can still fog them up, but you won't know until you try.

16 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Yarp, they're a decent default choice. Dual pane, not bulky.  Some of us can still fog them up, but you won't know until you try.

Yeah I have seen that they can fog up. I used the bolle trackers the first game and they fogged really bad. I do sweat a fair bit so it may be difficult. 

• Supporters

It can be a real sod.  I'm currently running FMA fan goggles that I've DIY double glazed (PETG plastic and double sided foam does a decent job), and even with Revision wipes or anti fog gloop I still have to run the fan while standing still after exertion.  You'll find a solution that works for you, but it might take a few goes.

17 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It can be a real sod.  I'm currently running FMA fan goggles that I've DIY double glazed (PETG plastic and double sided foam does a decent job), and even with Revision wipes or anti fog gloop I still have to run the fan while standing still after exertion.  You'll find a solution that works for you, but it might take a few goes.

Has the double glazing made much difference?

I got a pair of fma's but they are still awaiting thier first use

• Supporters
On 16/03/2020 at 14:20, THE FNG said:

Has the double glazing made much difference?

Yes, it really does.  It's also cheap and simple to do.  An A4 sheet of clear PETG, 0.7 to 1mm, sometimes sold as "dolls house window" plastic (you could also try acetate, but the PETG I've bought has been much clearer), and a roll of 2mm thick double sided self adhesive foam and you're good to go.

Pop the polycarbonate lens out of your goggles. Lay it on your plastic and draw around it.  Cut the plastic to match the lens, and then trim it down evenly until it fits inside the frame of the goggles.  Cut the double sided foam into some long thin 2mm wide strips and then coil and stick them around the outer edge of the clear plastic, butting any joins tight together.  Then stick the clear plastic inside the polycarbonate lens and you're done.

It's about the easier fettling that you can do, and there's very little to go wrong once you start.  You can use the same technique to fix things like Pyramex iForce goggles where the inner lens has deteriorated and crazed up as some of them seem to do.  There's nothing really magical about commercial dual pane lenses, it's just a thin inner lens and an adhesive strip to fit it to the outer polycarbonate.

22 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Yes, it really does.  It's also cheap and simple to do.  An A4 sheet...

And just like that, I've got an urgent isolation project!

Archived