Classifieds - "This advert is COMPLETED!"

Softy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have just been browsing your classified section and the "This advert is COMPLETED!" is a little confusing when browsing - I managed to find another topic asking the obvious question - "Does this mean the item is sold?", with the answer of course being that is does.

It is a little ambiguous however especially as the "uncompleted" tag comes with a description saying it just means it hasn't been bumped. So maybe "completed" means it has been bumped?... This along with still being able to message the seller and the items still appearing in the search results (why do they?) all added up to making it difficult to know what it meant.

So maybe a similar message at the top of the screen to the uncompleted tag that explains that the item has been sold/traded etc would be useful. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, SgtTalbert said:

It would be nice if there was a filter to remove these from search / viewing. 

Agreed, i can see why youd want to not instantly delete ads but the current way leads to many instances of "oooh shiny aww sold"

• 4 weeks later...
  • Root Admin
On 09/03/2020 at 00:22, Softy said:

The filters are quite limited. It would also be great to be able to limit the search to an asking price range and be able to sort by location/dustance. 

Working on this. Won't be too long actually for at least a price range slider.

On 08/03/2020 at 20:35, SgtTalbert said:

It would be nice if there was a filter to remove these from search / viewing. 

Removing from searches may be possible post-sale, but I'll have to get back to you on this one.

• Root Admin
On 31/03/2020 at 16:49, proffrink said:

Because of the way IPB works a price slider is difficult, however we are now able to do price range filters. I've added a couple to get started but will ask around as to what the best price bands are.

• 3 months later...
On 31/03/2020 at 16:49, proffrink said:

Removing from searches may be possible post-sale, but I'll have to get back to you on this one.

Possible to filter completed listings yet? Don't see the option.

• 2 years later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.