Change in the last five years

Liam1992
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So, my WE M4 GBB has remained in a box for five years now. Unfortunately life got in the way and I've just not had opportunity to get out there. I'm hoping to change that this spring, replace all the O-Rings in the magazines etc and get myself out there. 

My question is, really, what has changed in this dynamic sport in the past five years? 

G&G Raiders were fairly new on the block and, for the cheapest weapon on the mark had a good reputation. MOSFETs were a fairly new thing, the Kriss Vector hadn't long been released. 

I bought a second hand GBB and ran Nuprol Green Gas; is that still the gas of choice? 

I had a quick look at a couple of retails and there were a cluster of brands I didn't recognise, so my question is quite generic really, what is on trend at the moment? Has GBB grown in popularity and have we found ways of using them more efficiently in cold weather? Is 350fps still the norm? 

Answers on a postcard, just trying to get back up to speed with the sport! 

I would say the standardisation of MOSFETs, Krytac and Bolt appearing on the market en masse and the prevalence of SRS sniper rifles have been the main changes I have noticed.

Oh and that prices seem to really have gone up. LCT, TM and such seem to be hugely expensive compared to even a few years ago imho.

I think Gunfire's Smart gas is the best gas out there atm.

• Supporters

JUST TO ADD: Lipo's are pretty much the norm now (well I reckon)

most have upgraded and some guns now come with deans as standard

with small tamiya option perhaps in box

So many have shifted to Lipo, B6 chargers over ye olde nimah

the 7.4v matches the 8.4v and say 30c 7.4v match the 9.6v nimah's for zest mostly

some setups like 11.1v (G&G ETU moody mosfets)

some stuff has changed, most hasn't - we are still flinging same old plastic balls out

fancy designs or rather new must have rails systems (sarcasm)

slight improvements here & there perhaps, some new glitter on old turds

but nigh on pretty much still same ol' same ol' peew peew peew I'd say

only thing that has changed we just got 5 years older running around like old/much older big kids

The main thing I've noticed since I've been back this year is the abundance of the HK416 variants.... The last time I played about 2012-2013 there were no 416's around... the only HK's I can recall were the MP5 (TM/Systema,ICS)... Nowadays every Tom, Dick and Harry are producing them.... 

The fortnite craze came, and then went away. It was brilliant went it went away. 

Noone knows for sure when it went away but it did. Those were dark days. 

Archived