Recommendations for first Pistol?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What's "break the bank", cos your gonna get a lot of recommendations for TM pistols, personally I'd recommend the TM hi-capa 4.3, the downside to TM is you won't get the "maintaining" experience cos they generally don't need any lol 👍

Just now, Tackle said:

What's "break the bank", cos your gonna get a lot of recommendations for TM pistols, personally I'd recommend the TM hi-capa 4.3, the downside to TM is you won't get the "maintaining" experience cos they generally don't need any lol 👍

If it means saving a bit longer for a quality product then so be it.

However it would be good to have a backup following all the weapon hits I seemed to take last few skirmishes.

41 minutes ago, designatedwingman said:

Just had a look and 4.3 is surprisingly cheap. I expected a TM to be well outta my price range

not only that it'll out run and out live most gbbps three fold if not more for what little extra they cost. Always irks me when people say they are expensive because they are most definitely not. Especially when you account for the longevity. And the fact they run well all year round unlike a lot of the cheap pot metal pistols.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, designatedwingman said:

Just had a look and 4.3 is surprisingly cheap. I expected a TM to be well outta my price range

Run it with a serpa holster (or clone) & you'll be a quick draw god, you'll give Yul Brynner a run for his money lol.

(All the young spunkers are googling "who the f#cks Yul Brynner")

😜

• Supporters
2 hours ago, designatedwingman said:

good, reliable pistol to purchase that won't break the bank

Which of these is more important?

If you want a cheap RIF, then https://bbguns4less.co.uk/ -> R17 -> pick a colour -> put it in your basket -> wait 24 hours -> get a 7% discount code and free shipping.

Ropey retailer, but the RIFs are actually usable.  The one note of caution is that they have a 12mm internal barrel thread rather than the typical 11mm.

If "good, reliable" is more important, then go with the TM hi capa.

2 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

If "good, reliable" is more important, then go with the TM hi capa.

TM hi capas are great if you plan to actually use a pistol (most people leave it holstered). I'd maybe have gone for the 4.3 if I could do it over I have small hands so my 5.1 isn't easy to one hand effectively if I need a hand free but when I can control it with both hands it's deadly. 

One thing though standard capas will not fit a serpa, maybe a glock one though I've heard. And secondly just to throw a spanner in. Although the capa is well accommodated for aftermarket spares and a good runner it's not TMs best design or most efficient model.

7 minutes ago, heroshark said:

One thing though standard capas will not fit a serpa, maybe a glock one though I've heard. And secondly just to throw a spanner in. Although the capa is well accommodated for aftermarket spares and a good runner it's not TMs best design or most efficient model.

" Empties online baskets" 🤣

Looking through several websites it's quite overwhelming all the manufacturers and model variants.

Still quite wet behind the ears in Airsoft

Just don't want to invest money in a dud (I can hear the missus now🙄)

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Heresy 😈

With a tiny bit of work, the hi-capa will fit a 1911 serpa, I've stretched all mine just briefly dipping the holster in a pan of boiling water, then holstering the pistol, repeat until you get the fit you want .

Simples.

1 minute ago, designatedwingman said:

" Empties online baskets" 🤣

Looking through several websites it's quite overwhelming all the manufacturers and model variants.

Still quite wet behind the ears in Airsoft

Just don't want to invest money in a dud (I can hear the missus now🙄)

You won't get a dud with ANY TM, & I, & many here will vouch for the capa.

4 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Heresy 😈

With a tiny bit of work, the hi-capa will fit a 1911 serpa, I've stretched all mine just briefly dipping the holster in a pan of boiling water, then holstering the pistol, repeat until you get the fit you want .

Simples.

You won't get a dud with ANY TM, & I, & many here will vouch for the capa.

The TM 5-7 can be a bit ropey. But that's all I can think of. I even like their revolvers. 

If the OP is of a more left field taste one of the 24 shot marui revolvers wouldn't be a terrible idea. They're only 240 fps if you pick the 2" barrel but they've got some range and accuracy. Excellent performance in the cold or the warm. 

I am biased though, my love for wheel guns borders on fetish level. 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, AlphaBear said:

Why not a TM Glock 17? I have two of them... lovely bit of kit

Or if you have small pinkies a Glock 26...

I bought my son the 26 when he started out, awesome kit for smaller hands or a pistol you want to hide, just don't pay over the odds for one secondhand, I paid £45 for an immaculate one, but I've seen some being sold for as much as £100, bit steep I reckon.

There's one over on ZeroIn, he dropped it to £80, but it's been bumped loads so worth a punt at £60 ?........🤔

2 hours ago, Tackle said:

I bought my son the 26 when he started out, awesome kit for smaller hands or a pistol you want to hide, just don't pay over the odds for one secondhand, I paid £45 for an immaculate one, but I've seen some being sold for as much as £100, bit steep I reckon.

There's one over on ZeroIn, he dropped it to £80, but it's been bumped loads so worth a punt at £60 ?........🤔

Definitely worth a punt at £60 that's for sure....

I still have two 6 inch Western Arms Infinity pistols.... bloody collectors pieces are those...

Archived