Revision Wipes /Bob Heath/ Cat Crap which one

AlphaBear
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Chaps

Revision Wipes:

• For those who use Revision wipes, how long does each application really last. I know the official website says unto 25 applications per cloth?
  • Do you have to keep wiping frequently during a game say every 30mins, 1 hr etc?
  • Also do they dry out after using them? For example you wipe a few times during the day and then if you shove the cloth back in it's packet properly is the cloth still good to use say in 2 weeks or 4 weeks later?

Bob Heath Anti Fog

• What's this like? Any good to use? How many times during a game do you need to apply a new application?

Cat Crap

• What's this like? Any good to use? How many times during a game do you need to apply a new application?

Any other lotions or potions?

Ta.

I use Revision wipes... I only wiped twice last Sunday. (Cold day, hot & sweaty head though..)  Only issue I had was some sweat getting on my Revision glasses..  So used wipe to remove..  I do not suffer fogging using wipes.  (I've tried several other anti-fog..but not the ones you've also mentioned)

I usually throw my wipe away at the end of the day and never save them...I think I may still have mine in my combat pants, i'm playing again on Sunday..so will try it.  (They do seem to dry out though..so maybe keeping them for a week! is a bit of a stretch.)

I buy mine https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Revision-Anti-Fog-Cloth-Wipes-Choose-Quantity-Required/292007864217?hash=item43fd066799:m:mJ87guBQIMvD33sKkx_Rhgw

**Just ordered some more...THanks for reminding me. :)

41 minutes ago, Monkman said:

Haha you're welcome ;)

I saw the same link yesterday but just wanted to get peoples view first on what's best... 

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Revision wipes are superb. 

I usually get 3-4 game days out of a cloth, but I'm usually 4 weeks between each game.

Apply once to glasses and inside of goggles in the morning and then that's it for the whole day.

Fold it back up and fold over the packet, and back into the little zip lock bag - keeps it moist.

Cheers L3wisD... I'll pick up a set of 10 then....I may as well give them a go....the last time I played I was resorting to spitting into my googles like one does when one scubas or dives!

Another vote for revision wipes. I get several game days out of each one, wiping between each game. Could probs my use them more but they’re so cheap it doesn’t really matter 

• Supporters

Oh, topical!  I tried Revision wipes versus Cat Crap last Sunday, side by side, on a set of goggle that I'd cleaned down thoroughly beforehand.

The Revision wipes won hands down. One quick wipe in the morning, then done.  No fogging.  The Cat Crap, I tried applying, wiping off, re-applying more, less, everything I could think of, but whenever I caught a blast of breath up the goggles, the Cat Crap side fogged up, and the Revision side didn't.

Try it yourself, but I'm sticking with the wipes.

Thanks chaps. Seems like the consensus is revision wipes. Ebay it is then! 

1 hour ago, Monkman said:

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/revision-anti-fog-cloth-x3-pack-8588-p.asp

X3 for £11.99...  WTF?  lolololololol...

Bloody hell. Are they having a laugh? Lol

1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

The Revision wipes won hands down. One quick wipe in the morning, then done.

When I was using my pyramex i-force I wiped after every game sometimes used a brand new wipe over lunch. Seems most people get a lot more milage out of their wipes then I was.  

ESS NoFog cloth that their glasses/goggles come with. Im a big fat sweaty mouth breathing manbeast and this is the only anti fog stuff Ive found that actually works. Still on the original cloth that came with my first pair of ESS V12s 6 years ago.

20 hours ago, Tiercel said:

ESS NoFog cloth that their glasses/goggles come with. Im a big fat sweaty mouth breathing manbeast and this is the only anti fog stuff Ive found that actually works. Still on the original cloth that came with my first pair of ESS V12s 6 years ago.

I've just found two of those unopened in my bits drawer... thought they would have dried out or something by now.... they must be 6-7 yrs old maybe more.... may just give them a go too

On 08/03/2020 at 15:26, AlphaBear said:

I've just found two of those unopened in my bits drawer... thought they would have dried out or something by now.... they must be 6-7 yrs old maybe more.... may just give them a go too

I think the whole reason they last so long is theyre not wet, theyre dry wipes that you wipe onto a moist surface to activate. It says to breathe on your glasses first to make them fog up, then the moisture in that is what the wipe reacts with. 

But then the instructions also say they can be stored with a few drops of water on them to keep the wipe moist.

So really I havent got a clue, all I know is it works really well.

I'll give them a go on my next outing.... hopefully the weekend after next..... my revisions should turn up tomorrow or Thursday too so at least I'll have an alternative to try... 

Archived