Well MB08D Silencer

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive read that you cant fit a silencer onto the Well MB08D or, if you can, you need a special adapter (which I have found and its £30) but I read this on a page that had been translated literally by google translator and so it was really hard to understand. Anyway does anyone know what I would need to do to add a silencer?

• Supporters

I think the MB08 has the same outer barrel as the MB01. In which case, you'll need a thread adapter, http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/L96-Silence...er_AUZCA.aspx?0 , they're about £15-£20.

Then you can get most 14mm silencers, but check which way the threading is because some are CW and other CCW.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure if the barrels are the same, but I think they are.

Ive just re-read it the review. It says:

"Same for the tip of the gun , not compatible with my silencer adapter (not wide enough)

I just think Well reused the outer barrel vsr MB07 and MB08 L96 in the graft,

So surely compatible with VSR parts 10"

Im pretty sure he is talking about the MB01 silencer adapter as he compares the two guns a lot throughout the review so what does this mean? Will I need a different adapter?

• Supporters

Hmm.. not sure then, sorry.

Take your flash hider off and measure it, mine's got 1mm between each thread, is 23mm diameter (from outer edge of each thread) and there are 4 threads. Mine's the MB01, compare it to yours, if it's the same then the same barrel adapter will fit it :)

Haven't got the Rifle yet :'( was planning to buy as much as I can with the rifle but I suppose I'll play it safe and buy all the stuff once I know for sure :)

• Supporters

Ah right, where are you getting it from and for how much?

So far the best deal seems to be CRW. Its £130 (including their extortionate shipping prices) so its not a bad deal. I would prefer a retailer in or close to England just in case things go wrong but I haven't found any with a similar price so I'm probably going to go with them :)

• Supporters

That's being shipped from Hong Kong, right?

In their T&Cs it says you must pay import costs and VAT on top of that, so you're looking at £156 with the VAT, plus whatever import duties. Which I think is high on airsoft guns, so probably over £180-200 altogether.

:'( any idea where I can get a MB08D near or in england? preferably cheap

• Supporters

Action Hobbies stock it, http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/Well-AW338-...ck_AXV0R.aspx?0 , but you'd need to buy a scope and bi-pod separate, costing £220 (£160 for gun, £40 for scope, £20 for bi-pod). Or, if you won't miss the folding stock and rear mono-pod, then get the MB01, from there, it has the exact same internals, but only costs £180 including scope and bi-pod.

Ive already got a scope so Im just going to get the gun and bi pod. Thanks for the website :)

Have you got a UKARA? If not you will need it in two tone and Action hobbies don't two tone guns for people.

Going for my third time in a month and I'm eighteen in 3 :)

• Supporters

You have to be 18 to get UKARA, I think you have to start the 3 times airsofting after you turn 18..

I went to the Combat South Store today and asked about that. You can get UKARA registered at any age but you have to be over 18 AND UKARA to buy guns so should be good after I go for the third time next month.

• Supporters

Oh, fair enough. Where I play at Free Fire Zone, they wouldn't let me UKARA register because I'm 17.. stupid really...

Suppose different site have different rules about it. Out of interest, did you make or download those pictures of guns under your posts?

• AF-UK Founding Member

From what I've always known you have to be 18 both ways, from the UKARA website:

If you are over 18 years of age, please download the form located at the bottom of the page

It'd be pretty pointless even if you could get it because you still can't buy a RIF.

It'd be pretty pointless even if you could get it because you still can't buy a RIF.

I'm 18 in 3 months, so I'm getting registered with combat south before I'm 18. I'm pretty sure that this means I'm UKARA but if not it will mean that I'm UKARA as soon as I turn 18 so either way, I can order my gun on my Birthday :)

Archived