High Helmet Camera mount?

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all.

Tried out my action camera on the weekend. Didn't get much good footage unfortunately. 

It is however on a standard tactical helmet mount that means the camera is upside down and hangs below the rim of my helmet and in my line of sight; I had difficulty seeing. My Airframes helmet bracket is very close to the rim of the helmet compared to some which doesn't help either. 

I see some people with mounts that place the camera above the rim of the helmet with the camera the right way up. Any idea what these are specifically called? I see some for Mich helmets, but I am unsure if it would work my Airframe. 

Cheers!

Hey @Asomodai

I have a GoPro and I run the GoPro NVG Mount version they have on my Team Wendy Helmet. It is full metal and totally solid. It sits the GoPro above the rim and is very low profile. It also fits totally solid in the NVG mount. Does your Action Cam have the same mount as the GoPro? if so I can recommend it. I have cracked it of tunnel roofs, barrels and the floor at high speed (😬) and it is perfect still.

If your camera is the same size of a genuine GoPro and has the same attachment method you could buy (or copy) the BrainExploder's NVG mount.

It's designed to let the camera hang upside down, at the right angle to get your super cool Kicking Mustang CHEETUH EXPOUSD footage (giving a correct helmet fitment) and it doesn't protrude past the rim, leaving you with your field of view untouched.

Archived