Holographic Sight Recommendations

Nunfa1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, need a sight for my new G36. After a holographic rather than a reflex. 

Had a look around but the costs vary wildly. Can anyone recommend something similar to the Eotech 552 or 553?

Thanks

This is the one I have. It’s at the expensive end of the scale for a clone sight, but it’s available in the U.K. doesn’t have much parallax error and holds a rock solid zero even on a GBBR.

https://www.airsoftzone.co.uk/553-type-red-green-dot-sight-gp.html

If you are willing to chance ordering from abroad one of the guys ordered one of these. The one he got was very good, but you do take a bit of a chance ordering this way.

Vortex clone

1 hour ago, hitmanNo2 said:

OP wants a holographic sight, not a red dot sight.

It is correct that true holographic sights use a laser to project the sight picture, so that pretty much eliminates all of the clone sights as they generally use an LED which achieves an approximately similar sight picture in a slightly different way.

If you want a true holographic then you will be paying several hundred pounds for the real steel versions of the sights I linked to. I have used both the real vortex and eotech and they were very good (particularly the Vortex, which I considered buying) but in an Airsoft context a good LED based clone will perform nearly as well for a lot less money. The two caveats to this are (1) Some sights come with amazing warranties (eg Vortex) this can be worth it if a BB takes out the lense of your sight, but it would need to happen several times to offset the increased cost, and (2) the quality of LED clones can be hugely variable from very good (considering they are LED based) to total crap, generally the real holographic sights will all be good and if you get a dud a warranty claim will be easy.

As with all things you pay your money and take your choice.

14 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

This is the one I have. It’s at the expensive end of the scale for a clone sight, but it’s available in the U.K. doesn’t have much parallax error and holds a rock solid zero even on a GBBR.

https://www.airsoftzone.co.uk/553-type-red-green-dot-sight-gp.html

If you are willing to chance ordering from abroad one of the guys ordered one of these. The one he got was very good, but you do take a bit of a chance ordering this way.

Vortex clone

Took a chance. ☺️

Thanks.

Archived