A-TACS FG uniform for a short guy?

ziCk_
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Up until now I was running black and there's obvious abundance of clothing available in all shapes and sizes.

Recently I've learned that Warrior Assault Systems is phasing out their A-TACS FG gear and got myself a bunch of excellent equipment on 50% sale (DCS plate carrier, 2x Sabre drop leg panels with 2x universal quick mag pouch and 3x pistol quick mag pouch each, grenade, radio and medium misc pouch) and now I'm after apropriate clothing to match it. The problem is, it doesn't look like there is any choice whatsoever in that camo? Also size tables look generic as hell, meaning 167cm (or 5'6'') dwarf like me has horrible time finding ANYTHING that fits somewhat ok. Do you know of any company that makes A-TACS FG camo trousers with short leg variant and shirt that won't end up being baggy sack of potatoes?

Any suggestions?

1 hour ago, ziCk_ said:

Up until now I was running black and there's obvious abundance of clothing available in all shapes and sizes.

Recently I've learned that Warrior Assault Systems is phasing out their A-TACS FG gear and got myself a bunch of excellent equipment on 50% sale (DCS plate carrier, 2x Sabre drop leg panels with 2x universal quick mag pouch and 3x pistol quick mag pouch each, grenade, radio and medium misc pouch) and now I'm after apropriate clothing to match it. The problem is, it doesn't look like there is any choice whatsoever in that camo? Also size tables look generic as hell, meaning 167cm (or 5'6'') dwarf like me has horrible time finding ANYTHING that fits somewhat ok. Do you know of any company that makes A-TACS FG camo trousers with short leg variant and shirt that won't end up being baggy sack of potatoes?

Any suggestions?

I too am less likely to suffer altitude sickness. I have resorted to buying "normal" length trousers and getting them tailored shorter to fit. You can do stuff like get the leg's shortened but also get some of the seems taken in a bit so they fit better as well, more of a customer fit than generic off the shelf. Well worth doing.

• Moderators

you are right, Atacs FG is being phased out, i think it started a while back as Helikon stopped making their clothing in it, similar to Atacs-AU, all now Atacs-** X :D. As posted you can still get surplus stock but you'll probably have size issues after a while

i was tempted to get some items as well from UKT, DCS, some M4 mag pouches and admin panel, but due to the panel OOS i decided against spending the money :lol:

I ended up in 2017 getting my Helikon FG trousers from Poland, last ones they had and they still had to track them down!

http://soldiersystems.net/2018/10/02/the-next-generation-a-tacs-x-line-of-camo-patterns-released-signaling-new-direction-for-company/

On 03/03/2020 at 14:53, Steveocee said:

I too am less likely to suffer altitude sickness. I have resorted to buying "normal" length trousers and getting them tailored shorter to fit. You can do stuff like get the leg's shortened but also get some of the seems taken in a bit so they fit better as well, more of a customer fit than generic off the shelf. Well worth doing.

Shortening leg isn't that big of the deal but that doesn't fix the issue of everything else being missaligned (especially them knee pads). Either way, at the moment I can't find anything A-TACS in my size, disregarding short/medium/long. I was even ready to compromise and get A-TACS IX or FG-X but guess what - out of stock everywhere o.0 Closest I've found dispatches from Moscow...

On 03/03/2020 at 14:46, Lozart said:

OPS/UR-Tactical do a good range of size options, their short option goes down to a 27" inside leg. https://www.ur-tactical.com/ or https://www.hueys.co.uk/

Everything is out of stock and there are no short versions, only regular and long :(

Archived