Silver edge V2 and APS in general

Systemx
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys after some opinions please I am tempted to go for The EMG Noveske 13.7  Infidel AEG, however I’m aware that it’s made by APS and I have heard that APS make junk.

The rifle itself looks very well made and comes with the new ESilver edge v2 programmable gear box. I think for £300 it’s cheap but is going for this a bad move? And if so why? 

Any opinions would be welcomed. 

I have an old silver edge v2 gear box in my M4 build and it has performed well with no issues so far. Not sure about the new one with the fancy electronics.

I sampled APS gear about 4 years ago.  It had great potential but they insisted on using a propitiatory gearbox design that meant it couldn't just drop into standard receivers - absolutely bonkers.  Might be good value but if there's a failure and you need to swop out parts you could be in trouble.  That was then though so maybe they changed the design.  Idiots 🙂

Archived