Se Tour Review: Imperium Airsoft (Kent)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I reckon it sounds like it may be worth while visiting June -July when it's dried out a bit - I like the idea of a quarry and some nice natural elevation, and the lakes and ponds look kinda cool from the birds eye shot.

@AsomodaiMaybe let them know what you thought about the morning games on their FB page, if they are a serious business they'll take some constructive feedback on board - so long as you're diplomatic 😉

41 minutes ago, mzjango said:

I reckon it sounds like it may be worth while visiting June -July when it's dried out a bit - I like the idea of a quarry and some nice natural elevation, and the lakes and ponds look kinda cool from the birds eye shot.

@AsomodaiMaybe let them know what you thought about the morning games on their FB page, if they are a serious business they'll take some constructive feedback on board - so long as you're diplomatic 😉

Its not so much a quarry. It kinda looks like one. It might have been a very shallow one some time ago but I cant really tell myself. 

50 minutes ago, mzjango said:

I was on the side in the morning that greatly benefited from the bad spawns, my group made our criticisms known to the Marshalls who took it on board very well, at that point I personally believe it was hard to change the spawns that late into the game. They absolutely love feedback and kept coming up to my group (and I imagine other groups) to ask on what can be improved.

2 hours ago, Yukarin said:

at that point I personally believe it was hard to change the spawns that late into the game.

We realized within 40 minutes of game starting it wasn't going to work and we started complaining. I reckon they could have stopped it and had another small game before the break. 

Ok so it’s certainly a marmite site, but I for one really enjoyed the site. I make no secret of my love of CQB and dislike of woodland and this is something outside which is different from typical woodland/outdoor sites and certainly worth a visit later in the year when the weather is better and it’s a bit more green.

Agreed the morning game didn’t really work, I feel it would have been better if one team had to defend a convoy of vehicles across the site and the other set up ambushes and attempt to slow it down. 
As the game didn’t quite work with the blue objective being past the red spawn as we couldn’t get/go anywhere.

afternoon was awesome, I really enjoyed the game but I think the lack of players affected it, we didn’t have enough players to cover all the ground and access points to the objective.

Overall the day was 50:50 for me, some really good things and some issues but I feel I defo want to go back and try again as I think the negatives are very easily addressed.

good:

*site was excellent, hard on the legs but fun to play

*vehicles made a nice addition

*marshalling was great, always one visible and encouraging and I didn’t see/hear any issues 

*food was lovely
*site had a nice vibe from players and marshalls

bad:

*not a lot of players, not the sites fault but more players would have made it a better day with more action
*Game mode in the am session didn’t work

*Not a big choice of food and drink

*some more man made structures, buildings, cover would be a good addition 

*safe zone was uncovered and have half a dozen benches, setting up out of the car is not an issue but would have been nice to know before we went that was the case, would be horrible in the rain

*battlesim wasn’t quite working, big lack of organisation from our team, hardly anyone actually trying to do objectives and most people treated it like team death match which was really annoying (I understand people are there to play their own game as they paid their money. But for the type of game it was advertised as you would expect more people to be a bit more objective focused)

tldr

My day was good with some sticking points, I would like to go back and see if it was a one off as I really enjoyed a good part of it and think it’s one of those sites you should try at least once.

14 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Looks like they have plenty of room and elevation to allow for a HESCO style FOB there, would be interesting to know what sort of development they would be allowed to do?

some extra cover along the roads and some purpose built forts would be an awesome addition and very welcome

31 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Have now added a very poor video from my cheapy headcam. :)

quality isn’t that bad tbh - what “cheapy headcam” is it ?

On 05/03/2020 at 16:43, MiK said:

quality isn’t that bad tbh - what “cheapy headcam” is it ?

Akaso EK7000 :)

Cheers I had looked at that one but I pulled the trigger on APEMAN A79 on amazon for £36 as it had a extra external mic in the box along with the usual gubbins - hoping it’s not a dud and had waited on your reply 🙄

Hello! I'm part of the marshalling team at Imperium (onsite I'm known as Chewie).  Thanks for your feedback!

The reason we run the site is to give our players a fun weekend.  We want you to go home feeling like you've had an awesome day and we take pride in the quality of our game-day experience and your memories of it!  We're making a big effort with professional photography, dedicated videography and of course our amazing military trucks, but we are a relatively new site and we're still growing and developing.  As such we're always looking for suggestions about things we can do better and your comments on the opening game are particularly useful to us.

We've already done a fair amount of work to improve the game site (mostly groundworks so far) and adding structures in the really open areas is next on the list.  Cutting back the vegetation to keep the paths open is a constant struggle as well, but we do try to keep on top of that too!

We also have a plan in place to improve the facilities in the safe zone- particularly ensuring that all players will have a covered prep area in the event of rain.  We have provided covered space before using our gazebo (which we don't always put up), the containers and the MOG's vehicle shelter as prep areas, but that's not a long-term solution for us- we want to do it properly.  We try to organise works days every few weekends, either a Saturday before a game day or on a weekend with no game, but obviously we're not doing anything at the moment due to present circumstances.

Our chrono is moving from FPS to Joules.  We have also put a number of measures in place to ensure players with HPA rigs and so on are treated fairly.  Joule limits are published on the website and on the Facebook page- guns up to 1.3J have no MED or full auto restrictions, up to 1.7J guns must be locked to semi-auto or slower and have a 20m MED, guns up to 2.4J must be bolt-action and have a 30m MED.  Guns over 2.4J are not allowed on site.  Energies are to be tested with site BBs (usually either .25g or .4g depending on the gun) with specific exceptions at a Marshal's discretion.

We are also looking at making our game days more frequent- maybe looking to move towards doing two game days a month or playing every other weekend instead of our current once-a-month schedule.  That will have to wait until after this pandemic is over, though.  We're not going to put anybody's health at risk by running events while it's still going on; we were one of the first sites in the UK to announce closure, ahead of the lockdown announcement.

Finally, I want to thank you for your positive comments on the marshalling team!  We do try our absolute best to be as professional and helpful as possible, and we consider it our sworn duty to make sure everyone has a good day out- it's great to hear that our efforts are appreciated :)

For those interested, the site itself has a long and interesting history.  It has been (at various times) a quarry, a munitions factory/arms dump, a landfill site (as far as we can tell, mostly for old rubber and aggregate), a paintball site (in the bottom field) and a  4x4 offroading centre.  There are fishing lakes in the centre of the site which are out of bounds on game days.  The site's history makes it more or less ideal to run an airsoft site on, and it's brownfield (which means we can basically put up whatever temporary structures we want, dig big holes etc and with no neighbours to upset and out of view to all).  This history does mean you sometimes have to watch your footing though!

Thanks again for taking the time to post a review, and do come back in the future as the site changes dramatically in the summer… if we’re lucky, we’ll be there!

A decent reply, I remember  you Chewie.

I am glad you have taken the review as it was intended, a helpful guide for us here to know about sites we have not heard of and to be given enough information from a regular player to arrive at a new site informed and knowing what to expect.

I was with Asomodai on that day and it was also my first visit, I am sure you have read my thoughts on the site too.

It is a unique site, and I enjoyed the site, especially getting to see a lot more of it in the afternoon, the use of vehicles was great but some buildings and little more cover would be welcomed. 

Playing in the summer sounds interesting, and I certainly would return for a few games.

Thanks dude.  Yeah, I read your thoughts too, thank you as well :)

We do try to get as much feedback as we can from our customers- so far most of it has been positive, which is nice, but really the things you want to know about the most are the things you're not getting right, because those are the things you need to change the most.

Most of the marshalling team has plenty of experience of what it feels like to be on both sides of a game of airsoft.  We usually have a pretty good feel for how games are panning out and we're not averse to changing things on the fly, but obviously there was some missed communication on the day you and Asomodai attended that we will need to sort out to make sure future games go better.  There are definitely areas that we have pinpointed for improvement in terms of site facilities as well, and feedback like yours helps us focus on the most important things for us to get done first.

I cant wait to come back and try some other types of games there. You have a great site with a lot of potential.

Now your signed up, could you post your games days and site info on here in the Events and Meets thread? would be nice to see what your running and when and you may get some extra players from here too.

On 05/05/2020 at 11:33, Albiscuit said:

I cant wait to come back and try some other types of games there. You have a great site with a lot of potential.

Now your signed up, could you post your games days and site info on here in the Events and Meets thread? would be nice to see what your running and when and you may get some extra players from here too.

As and when we start running events again, I might well do that.

If I remember :P

Look forward to seeing you again!

-Chewie

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.