Cyma mk18 upgrade

Darbanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I’m thinking about getting my mk 18 completely redone here’s a list of parts

Prometheus purple hop rubber

prometheus tightbore 6.03 barrel

maxx model hop up unit 

maxx model air nozzle 

maxx model cylinder head

levithan mosfet

krytac nautilus gearbox

can people please tell me what they think about this build and if I should stay away from any of the parts I’m using

• Supporters

Don't bother with the Krytac gearbox for a starter, it very probably won't actually fit your rifle anyway.

What does it not do that you're hoping these changes will address?

2 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Don't bother with the Krytac gearbox for a starter, it very probably won't actually fit your rifle anyway.

What does it not do that you're hoping these changes will address?

To be honest better range accuracy fire rate and reliability 

• Supporters

range/accuracy you need a few things, but as a general formula i'd do the following:

1. give the barrel a good clean, and make sure to repeat regularly

2. look at the ammo you're using, good quality heavy ammo is the ticket for extra range, you can go as heavy as your wallet can afford but for an assault gun i find geoff's ~.3's are a good balance of cost/performance

3. the hop unit, or more specifically the rubber, you want to be able to put a decent spin on the bb. i find most stock guns can generally handle .3's ok but if not then a pdi w hop with standard nub or maple leaf macaron with omega nub is a good option.

the hop unit itself is optional, the premium hop units make things a bit easier to do fine adjustments, the MAXX is a good shout if it fits the gun and the R nub that comes with it saves getting an omega nub to run with a macaron.

you want to be careful with feed lips, longer gives you better air seal but can cause misfeeds.

4. air seal- i have a rough guide for this and a few other gearbox tweaks here:

https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/47651-how-do-mech-box-or-hamster-rambling-about-generic-tech-tips/

5. barrel, what you want is good quality, personally i like PDI's 6.01's but your milage may vary

in terms of rate of fire my advice is don't bother pushing too far. a basic mosfet and running a 7.4 or 11.1v lipo on a standard motor is snappy enough and the faster you try to go the less reliable it'll be.

• Supporters
Just now, Darbanator said:

To be honest better range accuracy fire rate and reliability 

OK, so one thing at a time:

Hop unit and rubber is a good combo and should give you better range as long as you get it set up right (you'd be amazed at the number of people that think just shoving different bits in will make a gun better), personally I'd go with a Maple Leaf rubber and nub but we've covered that elsewhere. Likewise the barrel (although you are right up at the top end price-wise, so maybe consider a ZCI barrel as an alternative).

As far as rate of fire goes, you could simply swap out the gears for a set of SHS Super shooter ones (or whatever the Rocket Arms equivalent is). Depending on just how high a rate of fire you want you could go either 16:1 (mild increase) or 13:1 (pronounced increase with the associated increase in wear etc). Just worth bearing in mind that if you want increased reliability then a super high rate of fire is NOT the way to go.

7 minutes ago, Lozart said:

OK, so one thing at a time:

Hop unit and rubber is a good combo and should give you better range as long as you get it set up right (you'd be amazed at the number of people that think just shoving different bits in will make a gun better), personally I'd go with a Maple Leaf rubber and nub but we've covered that elsewhere. Likewise the barrel (although you are right up at the top end price-wise, so maybe consider a ZCI barrel as an alternative).

As far as rate of fire goes, you could simply swap out the gears for a set of SHS Super shooter ones (or whatever the Rocket Arms equivalent is). Depending on just how high a rate of fire you want you could go either 16:1 (mild increase) or 13:1 (pronounced increase with the associated increase in wear etc). Just worth bearing in mind that if you want increased reliability then a super high rate of fire is NOT the way to go.

Which rubber would u recommend and why

• Supporters
Just now, Darbanator said:

Which rubber would u recommend and why

Maple Leaf Macaron 60 degree (the yellow one) with the Omega nub (or the softer pattern one from @ak2m4). Why? I have used both the prommy purple and the ML rubbers and I find that I get better usable range from the Maple Leaf combination (flatter overall trajectory). https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-macaron-60-aeg https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-omega-nub

What I would say though is to only change one thing at a time. If you do the barrel/hop unit/rubber, leave the gearbox alone. If you start introducing too many variables you won't know where to start if it doesn't all work together!

19 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Maple Leaf Macaron 60 degree (the yellow one) with the Omega nub (or the softer pattern one from @ak2m4). Why? I have used both the prommy purple and the ML rubbers and I find that I get better usable range from the Maple Leaf combination (flatter overall trajectory). https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-macaron-60-aeg https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/hop-up-buckings-nubs/maple-leaf-omega-nub

What I would say though is to only change one thing at a time. If you do the barrel/hop unit/rubber, leave the gearbox alone. If you start introducing too many variables you won't know where to start if it doesn't all work together!

Do u recommend the leviathan mosfet

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Darbanator said:

Do u recommend the leviathan mosfet

Never used it, I have always used Gate mosfets. The gun that has the Maxx hop unit is running a Titan with Advanced firmware, I also have a NanoAB in one gun and a NanoAAB in another. Oh and there's a BTC Spectre in my SCAR.

26 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Never used it, I have always used Gate mosfets. The gun that has the Maxx hop unit is running a Titan with Advanced firmware, I also have a NanoAB in one gun and a NanoAAB in another. Oh and there's a BTC Spectre in my SCAR.

Do u have any pistol u could recommend 

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Darbanator said:

Do u have any pistol u could recommend 

Tokyo Marui hk45

Archived