Jump to content
AlphaGroup-01

Carrying a second Primary Weapon

Recommended Posts

Hi All!

 

I run a rifle as a primary, with a pistol side arm -  I also have a shotgun and standalone launcher so I was wondering how people carry a second primary on their loadouts etc? I've made a way it works with a buddy--buddy system but want to see if anyone has any better ideas that work for if you're alone? (pic for attention!)

 

 

6527D9B1-E09A-48B0-B37B-BF16D5217E85.JPEG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not!? I picked up a standalone launcher that I don't want to remove the paint from to mount to the gun as it looks sweet as it is so that's why! I get it's not to everyone's liking but I'm just asking for ideas on what people do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if its a sbr or a sawn-off i can usually run it on a single-point sling just hanging off my side. Also, neat loadout!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use a golf bag but I never skirmish without my caddy, so that method may not be suitable for everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, AlphaGroup-01 said:

Why not!? I picked up a standalone launcher that I don't want to remove the paint from to mount to the gun as it looks sweet as it is so that's why! I get it's not to everyone's liking but I'm just asking for ideas on what people do...

 

If its not constructive, why bother 🤷‍♂️😂

 

3 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

I can see maybe running a breacher 870 as a tertiary weapon for shits and giggles but a SPAS-12 and a launcher?  That's a bit of a handful.

 

4Wk2CZB.jpg

 

^^^^^^this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, HELIflipper03 said:

if its a sbr or a sawn-off i can usually run it on a single-point sling just hanging off my side. Also, neat loadout!


Cheers!

37 minutes ago, Lozart said:

 

 

^^^^^^this


ahhh makes sense!

 

The shotgun rarely makes it out tbh - it was a pointless buy but the launcher more so for room clearing at CQB sites - I’ve got one of the TAG pro shells too so looking into getting some rounds for that. 
 

I wouldn’t run all three and the pistol at once - that really would be stupid!
 

Where it’s quite short (see top pic) the method you’ve shown is quite a neat idea

18 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Tactical shopping trolley

 

/thread

Might have to do this... 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AlphaGroup-01 👋

Liking the Loadout! 🔫😎👍

Funny enough last Sunday, I tried the same thing, I ran an RPK, AKMS AND A G18C! 😜

Will put a pic up some time this week and more details with it! 🤔

Had a battle buddy helping me @Dino, when he was around! 😎👍

For me I guess we were like these TWO characters... except I was the one with all the gear and the ideas! 😂

💷GAMBLE💷

 

17A72DFB-AB74-4F64-8A8A-D8380B632676.thumb.png.7b352ad2a0d1e31c9ad6c6a55e03d530.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

@AlphaGroup-01 👋

Liking the Loadout! 🔫😎👍

Funny enough last Sunday, I tried the same thing, I ran an RPK, AKMS AND A G18C! 😜

Will put a pic up some time this week and more details with it! 🤔

Had a battle buddy helping me @Dino, when he was around! 😎👍

For me I guess we were like these TWO characters... except I was the one with all the gear and the ideas! 😂

💷GAMBLE💷

 

17A72DFB-AB74-4F64-8A8A-D8380B632676.thumb.png.7b352ad2a0d1e31c9ad6c6a55e03d530.png

I just go with the flow with @GAMBLE running about! Sneaky by name, sneaky by nature!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

@AlphaGroup-01 👋

Liking the Loadout! 🔫😎👍

Funny enough last Sunday, I tried the same thing, I ran an RPK, AKMS AND A G18C! 😜

Will put a pic up some time this week and more details with it! 🤔

Had a battle buddy helping me @Dino, when he was around! 😎👍

For me I guess we were like these TWO characters... except I was the one with all the gear and the ideas! 😂

💷GAMBLE💷

 

17A72DFB-AB74-4F64-8A8A-D8380B632676.thumb.png.7b352ad2a0d1e31c9ad6c6a55e03d530.png

Blimey mate that sounds a handful!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Dino 😜

Always helps when you’ve got someone watching your six! 🔫😎👍

Plus anyone else who tags along on the objective and has fun! 😜

Just doing what we do best.... plus I live up to my callsign.... just like you!!!! 💪


@AlphaGroup-01 😎

It’s  more than a handful.... but managed to do a lot, which was a shock! 😮😂

💷GAMBLE💷

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AlphaGroup-01 said:

Hi All!

 

I run a rifle as a primary, with a pistol side arm -  I also have a shotgun and standalone launcher so I was wondering how people carry a second primary on their loadouts etc? I've made a way it works with a buddy--buddy system but want to see if anyone has any better ideas that work for if you're alone? (pic for attention!)

 

 

6527D9B1-E09A-48B0-B37B-BF16D5217E85.JPEG


Have you posted this picture EVERYWHERE but the F/S pages?? 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:


Have you posted this picture EVERYWHERE but the F/S pages?? 😂

Shhh 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with @Sniper780! 😜

 

@AlphaGroup-01 😜

Here’s the pic of what I used, bare in mind sometimes I’d take them all with me or strategically place my AKMS as a backup! 
 

8AAD8040-E3A8-4251-B6CD-E586706A5924.thumb.jpeg.7f620675164646090abc8342e45ea4ba.jpeg

1. RPK, 1 high cap pull string mag, 22 😵
All bases covered, attacking, defending and countering! Good range, with a foldable stock took it into the buildings as well, helps with a selector switch! 

2. AKMS, 3 mid caps, 1 bayonet, 4 😵 1🔪

Always handy a Chicom, had 2 grenades, used 1 to clear the fort, killed 7 in 1 go! 😆

When the RPK was low or out, got to my AKMS! Handy when you want to be lighter and more mobile, used in buildings and helps when you’ve got a bayonet fixed!
 

Highlight of the day, Stealth mode, sneaking up behind an enemy and bayoneting them in the back lying on the ground, the funniest part it was a Marshall playing in, looked at me for a split second, thinking I was on his team.... 😵. The other Marshall watching was so impressed he gave me away.... 😵.... then @Dino steps in and avenges me! 😂

 

3. G18C, 1 mag, 2 headshots 😵 (behind hard cover)

Entering buildings with @Dino both locked and loaded, clearing out.... best yet for minor CQB experience! 😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GAMBLE said:

Agree with @Sniper780! 😜

 

@AlphaGroup-01 😜

Here’s the pic of what I used, bare in mind sometimes I’d take them all with me or strategically place my AKMS as a backup! 
 

8AAD8040-E3A8-4251-B6CD-E586706A5924.thumb.jpeg.7f620675164646090abc8342e45ea4ba.jpeg

1. RPK, 1 high cap pull string mag, 22 😵
All bases covered, attacking, defending and countering! Good range, with a foldable stock took it into the buildings as well, helps with a selector switch! 

2. AKMS, 3 mid caps, 1 bayonet, 4 😵 1🔪

Always handy a Chicom, had 2 grenades, used 1 to clear the fort, killed 7 in 1 go! 😆

When the RPK was low or out, got to my AKMS! Handy when you want to be lighter and more mobile, used in buildings and helps when you’ve got a bayonet fixed!
 

Highlight of the day, Stealth mode, sneaking up behind an enemy and bayoneting them in the back lying on the ground, the funniest part it was a Marshall playing in, looked at me for a split second, thinking I was on his team.... 😵. The other Marshall watching was so impressed he gave me away.... 😵.... then @Dino steps in and avenges me! 😂

 

3. G18C, 1 mag, 2 headshots 😵 (behind hard cover)

Entering buildings with @Dino both locked and loaded, clearing out.... best yet for minor CQB experience! 😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

 

Blimey! Very fancy

 

 

15 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Ugh. A spas without a stock. ;)

 

I know I know... was quite a pointless buy!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AlphaGroup-01 

Simple, reliable and fun! 😎👍

Will try it out again soon, might go for something different this Sunday, if I can make it!?.... 🤞😜

💷GAMBLE💷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

for a while i ran shotty and m4 with sidearm. shotgun in a scabbard was awkward and such but was nice when i decided to change weapons mid play. was as easy to bring both and leave one in spawn though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You mean people don't take two primaries when they go out for games? I always do

 

(Because let's be honest, an upgraded TM mk23 is basically a primary... xD)

 

I think in the summer I might run my VSR or m14, then my mk23 on my belt and my 1911 in a drop leg holster. You can never have enough pistols!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/03/2020 at 09:08, remus said:

for a while i ran shotty and m4 with sidearm. shotgun in a scabbard was awkward and such but was nice when i decided to change weapons mid play. was as easy to bring both and leave one in spawn though


leaving one at spawn is not a bad shout!

 

34 minutes ago, Impulse said:

You mean people don't take two primaries when they go out for games? I always do

 

(Because let's be honest, an upgraded TM mk23 is basically a primary... xD)

 

I think in the summer I might run my VSR or m14, then my mk23 on my belt and my 1911 in a drop leg holster. You can never have enough pistols!


oooooh very fancy! I did think about having the launcher underbarrel but it just looks cool af as a standalone 👌🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was feeling creative today, upgraded my chicom for next time (check my status), can’t wait! 😜

 

1. Pistol

Want to run my M1911, but need to sort out my mags! 😤

Glad I’ve got a Glock, need more mags and is more reliable! 

 

4128C99D-2596-41F7-9CC9-2EF4E471F0DF.thumb.jpeg.a08ea8eeaf20c48abc56aa8d3f546f2b.jpeg
 

EDE99495-9226-47B7-81DE-AF8D9C10BA8E.thumb.jpeg.0aa2c30148384b9289208fb166a8da5a.jpeg

 

2.  AKMS with my trusty 🔪! 😵


C1C8C3AC-DAED-4EA4-BCF0-97D54CA7F3BB.thumb.jpeg.635f9b25251d9f48a0758e2c1da86192.jpeg

 

3. I want the RPK.... but want to go with a different secondary primary!? 🤔


5FDDE382-038E-4829-B3BE-64AF40845C64.thumb.jpeg.b76d2ca063ecd5e3c0372330d026bbbf.jpeg

Lee Enfield, Can’t go wrong with this from the UK.... plus the 🔪😎

 

34A7A3B1-BA79-4694-AA13-E5CA0429B856.thumb.png.efb42b894b8510b119c8e1f5990f315c.png

 

SVD, need to get this working properly! 😤

 

B2A76175-FE6D-4C6D-AC2D-FB3D04E3AACF.thumb.jpeg.44bdbbc5b983842fd576858fadea4679.jpeg
 

There is more I would like to run, but I’ll keep the list short! 😂

Out of curiosity which would you choose to go with my first 2 choices.... 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought about running one of these as a secondary "primary", might be a giggle, longer barrel than a pistol/3 bb's at once/quiet in operation, & prob be a piece of pee to mod a pouch to use as a holster on a thigh platform ?

 

Screen-Shot-2018-06-20-at-09.34.58-1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...