Selector switch only working on left side?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was out at a CQB site on saturday, when I noticed my selector switch on the right side was a bit loose and the left was fine.

When I got home I removed the selector switch from the post and at that point the left selector was not engaging the right at all and the right post spins freely.

Is this an easy fix or does it need to be tech'd?

I'm due to be having it serviced soon anyhow, but if I can fix it myself I'm willing to try :)

many thanks 

• Supporters

Go on...give us a clue. What gun is it?

A Classic Army ISSC MK22, almost 100% sure it uses a V2 gearbox.

• Supporters

So generally most SCAR type rifles have the firee selectors linked by gears that join across the inside of the gearbox. It sounds to me as if the gears have either come unmeshed or stripped in some way. The only way you're going to know for sure is the take it apart.

How have you been using it? Luke (Negative Airsoft), told me with ambi selectors you should always manipulate both at the same time. Something I was ignorant to previously.

6 hours ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

How have you been using it? Luke (Negative Airsoft), told me with ambi selectors you should always manipulate both at the same time. Something I was ignorant to previously.

Yeaaaa... im fed up of all the new fancy ergonomic stuff anyway... i mean wheres the challenge? 😜

Though I would guess that's a result of poor transference between RS and and airsoft counterparts.

A RS scar or AR doesn't have a gearbox so they probably just loop it across the receiver in a straight line with a pin. 

So it's down to the airsoft manufacturer alone to come up with a robust enough system. 

The G36 system seems decent enough... cant remember ever having issues with that wee mechanism that bridges the ambi safeties.

Archived