One reason why you should not wear MESH.

Monkman

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My mate today, took a tumble whilst storming a barricade.  When he went over he set off the TRMR in his hand as he went down..  It went off next to his face and this was the result.  (He was running a Magflash)

If he was wearing his mesh goggles from earlier, the blast of the mag flash would've taken his eye...but thank god he switched to normal goggles after lunch.  As well as blasting the magflash in his face, he also chinned himself with his ARP9 and is now in A&E getting stiches.  (Yes that's a limited edition ARP, which is now scorched to fuck..lol)  His right glove was burnt and got through to his skin.

He's ok...but kinda shook up about it, and that he could have lost an eye today.

20200301_162535 (1).jpg

Damn, that's some good luck all things considered. If that's not anti argument for lenses over mesh I don't know what is.

I hope he makes a quick recovery.

31 minutes ago, Monkman said:

Yes that's a limited edition ARP, which is now scorched to fuck..lol  

I've seen worse custom paint jobs. Could be worth reaching out to G&G on Twitter and see if there's anything they could do to help out.

13 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

I think that's more of an argument against mag flashes than mesh, tbh. 

Hope your mate makes a quick recovery. And a tidy nurse. 

Much as I like to hate mesh and recommend people use full face goggles, plus my ignorance of ‘mag flash’ and only having just looked them up ........

The issue here appears to be magflash

12 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Personally, the only time you should have an armed BFG in your hand is when you're seconds from throwing it.  Not jumping over a barricade.  Especially when we're talking mag flashes.

I pull it out and run with it armed in my left hand and  pistol in the other hand to suppress then drop it in/over /around. No time to run up and arm it will get me killed as they will figure out whats happening.

1 hour ago, Iceni said:

The site should review the use of them as personally if someone chucked that at me and it burnt my gear I'd be pretty fucked off.

Likewise. Overpowered pyro adds nothing to the game but tinnitus and scorch marks, and also obliges every other player to spend money on and endure the discomfort of over-ear ear protection. We came to play airsoft, not competitive cumulative hearing loss.

Years back at a now-closed indoor site some tryhard threw a GR20 (a training/operational stun grenade that doesn't belong in an airsoft game at all) which landed more or less at my feet in a narrow corridor. Since I thought it was a Mk.5 in some kind of replica case, and since it had me dead to rights, I just dropped my gun on its sling and started to put my hands over my ears, but it detonated before they got there. The concussion was so bad it almost knocked me over - I was completely deaf for about 30-60 seconds and couldn't hear properly for hours afterwards. A marshal who was about 15 feet away was visibly disorientated too and in some short words told the player that it was going to stay in a box in the safe zone for the rest of the day and he was lucky not to be joining it.

1 hour ago, Musica said:

I pull it out and run with it armed in my left hand and  pistol in the other hand to suppress then drop it in/over /around.

I agree with @hitmanNo2. I'd be happy to do that with a timed grenade with the pin pulled but the spoon held, or an impact with .209 or .380 shells, but not with an impact with a 12-gauge firework in it.

8 hours ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Perhaps with a traditional BFG but a TRMR with such a quick twist to arm and with mag flashes, seems unnecessarily risky to me.

8 hours ago, PureSilver said:

I agree with @hitmanNo2. I'd be happy to do that with a timed grenade with the pin pulled but the spoon held, or an impact with .209 or .380 shells, but not with an impact with a 12-gauge firework in it.

I only run .209 in my TRMR if people are going to pretend they were behind cover 9mm won't help. My site doesn't allow you to throw BFGs far so I have to make up some of that distance in a run and if they figure out what I am doing i.e see me twist the TRMR then they will risk it all or get behind cover I bound forward and post it. Another thing I do if I am defending a choke point I  leave my TRMR armed on the floor or on a ledge. 

Some of this is probably to do with the positing of my TRMR on my gear it's behind my pistol holster so I can't pull it out while firing and once I have it out I am not proficient with my left at arming it either.

11 hours ago, Musica said:

I pull it out and run with it armed in my left hand and  pistol in the other hand to suppress then drop it in/over /around. No time to run up and arm it will get me killed as they will figure out whats happening.

I would rather increase the risk of getting "killed" in airsoft than maimed in real life.

14 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I would rather increase the risk of getting "killed" in airsoft than maimed in real life.

I'm not sure anything bad would happen if it went off in my hand I've seen guys set it off in their hands by accident. I wear gloves and a dye i5 so pretty well protected. Anyone know of a .209 causing damage to someone? I imagine bare skin might be an issue.

Team mate used to use mag flash a lot. The site we play at mostly is a woodland one that uses shipping containers strapped together for indoor areas. Immense fun watching one get posted through a window then watching the sides of the container quiver as it goes off.

Very bright, very loud. Certainly know it's gone off but agree, they don't have any more range than a .209, heck I even use the .315's that JD do as they have a better crack than a 9mm but yeah a magflash is very OTT and not massively pleasant for anyone it goes off near.

7 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

A magflash is very OTT and not massively pleasant for anyone it goes off near.

It gets to the point where it starts entering the realms of overshooting. If It takes one bb to take somebody out, surely a blank grenade only needs to loud enough to let people know they've been hit by a grenade. If you want to stick yourself in a shipping container and drop a grenade in to stun yourself, knock yourself out, but not everybody is signing up for a free tinnitus trial. 

10 minutes ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

Safe enough, I have set off a trmr in my hand on purpose loads of times. Always funny to play suicide bomber.

Now, for maximum allahu akhbar, do it with a magflash primer.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Immense fun watching [a magflash] get posted through a window then watching the sides of the container quiver as it goes off

I wonder if the people inside would agree, once they can hear the question.

My mates ok, they glued the big gash on his chin..(Twatted himself in the face with his ARP)  The A&E doctor reported him to the Police when he mentioned 12 gauge shell and grenade..  Once he told the Coppers what he was doing, they told him to "throw it further next time.." Class.. :)

Personally I run a Dyntac 4.5 second delay with 9mm blanks...and facepro, as I've taken plenty of knocks and get shot a fuckton in me mush...

Difference with & without facepro... (I'm on the left..my mate is on the right)

87989627_10157078556579142_5565882560229146624_o.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.