MAXX model hop up unit

Darbanator
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Yes it's very good, should fit but I know there are some receivers out there that it doesn't like.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Darbanator said:

Do I have to break the hop up in plus do u have any hop rubbers to recommend 

The hop up itself doesn't need breaking in, the rubber may do.

Personally I have Maple Leaf rubbers in mine and I'm very happy with them.

6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

The hop up itself doesn't need breaking in, the rubber may do.

Personally I have Maple Leaf rubbers in mine and I'm very happy with them.

Do you know of the purple Prometheus rubber is any good

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Darbanator said:

Do you know of the purple Prometheus rubber is any good

Yes, it is. I have that in a number of my guns.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Darbanator said:

What’s ur favourite gun and what have u put in it

My main favourite is a Specna Arms MK18 that has the original red Maxx TE hop with a Maple Leaf 60 degree hop rubber and Omega nub but the other I use a lot is a G&G Scar L CQC which still has the original hop unit (because it's proprietary) and the original hop rubber.

Anyone tried the LED tracer function in these Maxx hop units and if so, how well do they work?

I've never used tracer units as I don't like the idea of smacking too much stuff up front, but this seems like a pretty cool solution - but you probably need to tie it into a battery somewhere.

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, mzjango said:

Anyone tried the LED tracer function in these Maxx hop units and if so, how well do they work?

I've never used tracer units as I don't like the idea of smacking too much stuff up front, but this seems like a pretty cool solution - but you probably need to tie it into a battery somewhere.

I have. It's MUCH better than any of the other tracer hop units (Madbull I'm looking at you) but it's not as bright as some silencer types. There are two options - the single-sided one with the circuit board which plugs into the balance connection on a LiPo battery and the double-sided one that connects across the motor wiring. Both have some "undocumented features"; the single-sided one obviously requires you to use a LiPo battery and if you have it stock mounted getting the wiring through can be a PITA! The circuit board comes with a little On-OFF switch so you can choose when to run the tracer function which is good because it rapes your battery! The double-sided one uses your motor connections so that it only lights when the gun is cycling BUT you can't use it with anything but the most basic of MOSFETS.

All that aside, if you want a tracer but you don't want to have a silencer thingy hanging off your gun, it's the best option out there. Coupled with the fact that it's a damn good hop unit too it's kind of a no brainer for me.

33 minutes ago, Lozart said:

I have. It's MUCH better than any of the other tracer hop units (Madbull I'm looking at you) but it's not as bright as some silencer types. There are two options - the single-sided one with the circuit board which plugs into the balance connection on a LiPo battery and the double-sided one that connects across the motor wiring. Both have some "undocumented features"; the single-sided one obviously requires you to use a LiPo battery and if you have it stock mounted getting the wiring through can be a PITA! The circuit board comes with a little On-OFF switch so you can choose when to run the tracer function which is good because it rapes your battery! The double-sided one uses your motor connections so that it only lights when the gun is cycling BUT you can't use it with anything but the most basic of MOSFETS.

All that aside, if you want a tracer but you don't want to have a silencer thingy hanging off your gun, it's the best option out there. Coupled with the fact that it's a damn good hop unit too it's kind of a no brainer for me.

Hmm, interesting...  i've been checking them out for ages, half thinking 'that looks nice' half thinking 'too much'. A tad over budget for something I don't really need right now, but i'll be looking out for sales events or reductions.

Wish-list item confirmed.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, mzjango said:

Hmm, interesting...  i've been checking them out for ages, half thinking 'that looks nice' half thinking 'too much'. A tad over budget for something I don't really need right now, but i'll be looking out for sales events or reductions.

Wish-list item confirmed.

When you take into account that if you get the Pro version you don't get BBs dropping out when you change mag, you get all the hop arms for standard and flat hop along with two flat-hop "nub" blocks plus all the springs you could ever hope for to secure the unit in place PLUS it's well made and well designed it's not really that pricey at all. Maxx also makes some nice triggers and other internals now.

13 minutes ago, Lozart said:

When you take into account that if you get the Pro version you don't get BBs dropping out when you change mag, you get all the hop arms for standard and flat hop along with two flat-hop "nub" blocks plus all the springs you could ever hope for to secure the unit in place PLUS it's well made and well designed it's not really that pricey at all. Maxx also makes some nice triggers and other internals now.

Let me rephrase - I'm cheap alpha foxtrot..

But yes you do seem to get a lot of bang for your buck there... I like the idea of spring tension on the barrel itself like the G36, and I do also like the BB retention arm/spring for sure - very innovative.

Awesome looking product no doubt!

• Supporters

13 minutes ago, mzjango said:

Let me rephrase - I'm cheap alpha foxtrot..

Ha! Yeah, I feel you there but sometimes things are actually worth the money. My Specna fires at 290FPS and happily outranges my buddy's TM SCAR H so that makes it worth the money on its own!

Plus, y'know...buy cheap, buy twice.

Archived