Prowin M4 hop unit, prommy purple and namazu firefly failing drop test.

RonLancs
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, can I remedy this? If so how and if not what bucking? - I have flat hopped prommy and namazu and it does work however feeding issues and mags sometimes don’t sit right. 

17 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Hi all, can I remedy this? If so how and if not what bucking? - I have flat hopped prommy and namazu and it does work however feeding issues and mags sometimes don’t sit right. 

If the mags are not sitting correctly it's more likely the hop unit than the bucking which is causing you issues... some people swear by the blue prowin others have nothing but problems, probably to do with receiver compatibility.

Not used prowin myself, however the only other CNC hop units i have used the 5ku g36 and another M4 (cant remember brand.. funny shade of bluey green) have caused me feeding issues.

Maybe check out a polymer unit like the ZCI - these have worked in every gun I have tested them in (not saying they are perfect, they have just worked in my setups usually using older receivers..  CA M15, G&P, Dboys)

Also could you clarify what you mean by drop test? Are you losing zero or hop spin direction after you drop the gun?

Oh and make sure you test with both High caps and mids, sometimes mids just wanna be weird and a high cap will give you confirmation of your suspicions as it rules out spring pressure overload issues. I recommend mid cappers (such as myself) also have at least one high cap handy for trouble shooting if nothing else. 

@ak2m4 must be getting fed of me pinging them on here by now!

I had similar issues with a Prowin misfeeding, swapped to a ZCI and problems vanished.

Honestly all you need is one of these;

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/zci-prowin-style-hopup-chamber-plastic-m4?search=zci hop up

With a Maple Leaf Macaron 60 bucking and omega nub I was overhopping 0.3's with no hop applied!

(Have since swapped to a SHS enhanced bucking & nub to calm it down a bit)

18 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

(Have since swapped to a SHS enhanced bucking & nub to calm it down a bit)

Were you using the original Maple Leaf Omega nub?  If so try one of the newer red 70 shore nub, they are softer so apply a little less pressure.  Original Omega nub is about 95 shore.

omega-nub-gp-red1.jpg

3 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Were you using the original Maple Leaf Omega nub?  If so try one of the newer red 70 shore nub, they are softer so apply a little less pressure.

omega-nub-gp-red1.jpg

Ah! I was using the normal solid one yes. Will drop one on my next order then. Just started breaking in the SHS bucking, couple of mags of unknown quality bb's through every now and then when I get the chance. I only wanted the AEG as a "short range" .25 flinger but it quickly escalated lol

Thanks guys, most people I’ve spoke to say the prowin is actually a downgrade I saw a slight improvement in range, accuracy and consistency but the mags not going in is the massive problem. I’ve decided to keep it simple and get a G&g green bucking and flat hop it see how it goes. I will keep you updated and get a video up. 

People recommend a new hop unit.

OP buys a hop rubber.

🤔

9 hours ago, RonLancs said:

Thanks guys, most people I’ve spoke to say the prowin is actually a downgrade I saw a slight improvement in range, accuracy and consistency but the mags not going in is the massive problem. I’ve decided to keep it simple and get a G&g green bucking and flat hop it see how it goes. I will keep you updated and get a video up. 

Yeah, thing is mate... that aint gonna make a difference if your mags don't seat properly - its the hop unit you'll need to swap out, keep the purple prommy, that should be fine.

However If you also want to flat hop - just go with the green 50 degree maple leaf with an omega nub (or your namazu would also probably work fine with a maple leaf).

Archived