Famas AEG wiring

AirTech
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

Can anyone point me in the direction of a wiring diagram for a Famas AEG? I have a Cybergun Famas Evo with a basic burst mosfet and 25rd cut off that I'd like to run as a basic AEG with semi/full auto only.  At a loss as to where to start in order to achieve this!

Thanks,

Duncan

Good luck with that one, I dont believe there is a wiring diagram out there. I have heard that disabling the 25rd cut off is not possible. 

Best place to ask would be the French Airsoft forum in this thread. 

http://france-airsoft.fr/forum/index.php?showtopic=13392

If anyone knows how to disable it, its these guys. 

Du reckon if you go to a french airsoft event, half the guys are running around with CG and TM Famas... all in denial about how bad the sight picture on the irons is? 😁

Probably not, its not like you see that many L85s here...

One can only dream...

11 hours ago, mzjango said:

Du reckon if you go to a french airsoft event, half the guys are running around with CG and TM Famas... all in denial about how bad the sight picture on the irons is? 😁

Probably not, its not like you see that many L85s here...

One can only dream...

I didnt mine so much. The issue is they dont work well with the Airsoft rifle because the BB is always travelling much higher then the front sight. Hence why I get the full length Real Steel scope rail for mine :)

I prefer my L85 with the Iron Sights. 

Yeah, i confess my only experience with Famas irons is from BF3/4 - where they are the worst in the game! terrible peripheral vision.. though from what I can see the same does go for the RS or Airsoft models, the rear sight appears to sit in the middle of a large plate.

I do love the Famas SV though, there was an old half-life 1 mod called 'Firearms' which I played the heck out of in the early 2000s - the Famas was pretty OP and shredded the hell out of everyone!  

@AirTech So I did a bit of YouTube searching for this and couldn't really even find a CG Famas disassembly vid or for the GB. No matter.. so this 25rd cut off system (omg terrible idea if thats really a thing.. especially if you cant disable it 🤣 ). I'm guessing this feature comes from the mosfet? Perhaps de-solder all the wires and the fet from the switch assembly and then re wire with standard wiring or even with a small standard tuck away mosfet? Or is this 25rd fet literally melded to the switch assembly? And if so.. could you use a TM switch assembly instead? (possibly not all that easy to get a hold of). 

Hi Guys and thanks for your comments. Totally agreed, the 25rd cut off 'feature' is a massively counter productive and really hinders the use of the gun. After 25 rounds you have to remove and reinsert the magazine in to continue shooting. The stock mosfet is a super basic bare PCB that's screwed to the left hand side of the GB where the wiring guide is on the non-Evo versions. Trigger mechanism seems to be some sort of modified V2 type. There are 3 microswitches - one in the hop up unit, one in the mag well and one inside the gearbox that is actuated when the piston moves all the way back. 

Good news - I've found a complete Cybergun replacement gearbox online with picture of how it's wired on the listing. I intend to wire it according to this and also add an AB mosfet while I'm at it. Will update with the results!

As for the iron sight issue - I'm going to chop the carry handle slightly such that I can mount it lower on the gun. I'll be ditching the iron sights completely during this and permanently mounting the Cybergun RIS rail as well. 

Cheers again

Sounds like a plan dude...  keep us updated!

Regarding the carry handle, it's shame something like this (Famas FELIN) isn't available for airsoft:

The top rail is the same one used in the Battlefield games and really does look pretty awesome (strange trigger guard system that though.. possibly some IR controls there at the front)

famasfelin.jpg

Archived