Completed Collection.

Cr0-Magnon
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Who else has definitely bought their last gun for the foreseeable future and 100% no way/no how will succumb to the urge of a spontaneous purchase? Whether it be online after one too many rums or an add-on to a small consumable purchase from your local shop....

I now have four primaries, two of which I haven't skirmished (well one plus one that I haven't used since it's been upgraded) and six secondaries, five of which are yet to see "action"

I guess what I'm asking is, for those of you with a "collection". What's the longest you've managed to hold-off adding to it and are you ever really satisfied?

I thought I was good for now, until I saw a Glock 1911....

I have a decent wage and fewer outgoings than many I know, so I've realised it's stupid that I've been unable to save any money recently.

That and I genuinely want to put some "mileage" on the ones I do have. They're all a bit too clean and pretty atm!

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Samurai said:

There comes a time where you sell one when you buy an other.

Does there? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!

My regular skirmish stuff I don't see them as part of my collection . More tools that can be easily replaced. I always have my eye out for particular rare collectibles. Sometimes things pop up I'm unaware of which is a super treat like my tm Browning HP competition. It's not a proper collection if it's easy to get or replace.

IMG_20191030_184431.thumb.jpg.f7abc17a77d6676df8116c8fe5f3a715.jpgIMG_20191030_184716.thumb.jpg.44b94d38325d69f2eca3b3c8ea0b6b5f.jpgIMG_20191030_184422.thumb.jpg.16b43b6ef103585c3cc902de9760e760.jpg

I'm waiting on my GBBR to sell in order to get a different GBBR... I also have one primary that I've used in every game, 2 project guns that I bought as boneyard and have never even fired, a loner gun made of spare parts that I've only personally used in one or two games and a bunch of pistols that have less than 3 kills between them

I don't think I have bought an RIF since 2014, used or new...   last was an MP5K specifically because i wanted something to fill a designated CQB role. Just before that we were burgled and I lost my L96, AK and all my pistols; with the insurance payout I replaced the pistols and got a GKM.

But yeah... i suppose i kind of have completed my collection.

The last five or six years have been more focused on slowly bringing my current collection up from perhaps a skirmish-able standard to a really decent one by targeting specific upgrades across all the guns.

I want to be able to grab any of my guns for a game and know that accuracy reliability and trigger response is on point.

Having said that I wouldn't say no to a well priced LCT G3A3... though I think once all the guns are up to spec I may start gathering parts to build a nice G3.

Erm.... about 7 years for me.... at the time when I was playing there were no HK variants around and until recently when I got back into the scene all I saw were these HK variants and of course compounded by Seal Team on Sky didn't help matters. So what did I do? I got my grubby mitts on a HK417. I honestly didn't need it... Just wanted it... 

Incidentally back in the old days (lol) when LIPOS were first coming onto the scene, barely, I bought an eagle6 limited edition 7.4v 3200mah  Lipo for my SOPMOD.... only cost me £119.99!!!! I kid you not! Lipo's back in them days were stupidly stupidly expensive!

• Supporters

I say I don't need any more, health crap has meant I've not got out to play even a fraction of what I used to, so no point in buying more is there ?..........

& Then every hour I find myself checking out the classifieds for what's on there, knowing that if an fnc or similar pops up, I'll be on it like a tramp on chips.

I'm just as bad with vests/rigs etc, got a ton of them & had to quite literally slap myself on Sunday so as not to bid on one eBay as it ended......it's this game, it gets in to your blood like 'kin heroin lol.

Personally I have nearly completed my Real Sword collection, I just need the Russian variant of the type 56-2 and so long as RS doesn't release any of the previously promises weapons but I would mind if they did release the qbu-88, qbb-95 and type 81-1.

Also, mosfetts seem to be the rage these days if I'm not mistaken... it's all down to trigger response and active braking and all sorts of jargon that I think wtf does that mean and do....and then you think do you really need that in a aeg... But then I think of my Systema with it's hairline trigger response and 3 round burst and it all makes sense..... now I want to Titan the living daylights out of my guns..... well just two maybe three of them... I remember buying a whole shed load of Prommy parts from hobbyasia (or whatever it was called at the time) and paying nigh on $200 USD. I thought I was bonkers at the time but I just had this thing in my head of wanting to achieve 350fps with my Marui. Now I look at the price of the same parts and can't believe the prices..... I mean £30 odd quid for an air nozzle!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I can’t see myself buying anymore.

Theres quite a few I have and don’t use but very happy with my current rotation of:

Scorpion Evo

TM MP7 GBB

Krytac Vector

HiCappa DOR

TM MK23

and a Krytac SPR my little bro borrows when he plays.

The scorpion and mp7 were my all time wants, I don’t really play enough to want or justify more than that.

On 26/02/2020 at 17:23, heroshark said:

My regular skirmish stuff I don't see them as part of my collection . More tools that can be easily replaced. I always have my eye out for particular rare collectibles. Sometimes things pop up I'm unaware of which is a super treat like my tm Browning HP competition. It's not a proper collection if it's easy to get or replace.

IMG_20191030_184431.thumb.jpg.f7abc17a77d6676df8116c8fe5f3a715.jpgIMG_20191030_184716.thumb.jpg.44b94d38325d69f2eca3b3c8ea0b6b5f.jpgIMG_20191030_184422.thumb.jpg.16b43b6ef103585c3cc902de9760e760.jpg

I'm still waiting for the WE Hi-Power to come out damnit 😩

I'd say my collection is at the level where I am selling one and buying two.

Though after my latest purchases I can't see anything else I'd be interested in... (famous last words)

I've used all of my collection to actually play but I just got a Winchester1892  that probably won't be fielded.

• Supporters
On 26/02/2020 at 18:25, Tackle said:

I say I don't need any more, health crap has meant I've not got out to play even a fraction of what I used to, so no point in buying more is there ?..........

& Then every hour I find myself checking out the classifieds for what's on there, knowing that if an fnc or similar pops up, I'll be on it like a tramp on chips.

I'm just as bad with vests/rigs etc, got a ton of them & had to quite literally slap myself on Sunday so as not to bid on one eBay as it ended......it's this game, it gets in to your blood like 'kin heroin lol.

Update to this, next week I'll have yet ANOTHER aeg, one that's been on my Hmmmm list for years so when one comes up at a great price it seemed mad not to get it, but in the next breath I'm thinking my playing days might be over........wtf am I like lol.

definitely the last gun for a while, a year maybe, so if I pm any of you wanting to buy your gats, tell me to "piss off you deluded old bugger, it's for your own good" 

Archived