Bluetooth PTT

BigStew
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Generally sick of uncomfortable head sets and getting tangled in wires. Anyone have recommendations for Bluetooth PTT adaptors?

17 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

What radio with BT are you using?

Not at the moment seen some Bluetooth adapters want to know if any one has used one?

given how expensive standard radio cables/PTTs are I imagine anything like this would be pricey if it exists. 

I feel your pain but the only way to make it a bit easier to get custom length cables to suit your body/gear which costs a lot unless you learn the pin outs and do it yourself. 

Thoughts on something like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coodio-Microphone-Shoulder-Speaker-WaterProof-Heavy-Duty-IP54-Remote/dp/B01E420WM0/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=coodio+speaker&qid=1582720107&sr=8-1

The cheap ones break really easily and most of the guys I play with use the Coodio brand (me included) and it's 1-2 years still going strong.

I HATE having wires attach me to my kit so the radio gets stuck in the pouch on my back (big zipped one) and the cable run through my molle loops over my shoulder and then the speaker mounted there. It's PTT, picks me up perfectly, OK not the stealthiest of things if you're within close range to the enemy but meh, can't have everything.

38 minutes ago, Steveocee said:

Thoughts on something like this?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Coodio-Microphone-Shoulder-Speaker-WaterProof-Heavy-Duty-IP54-Remote/dp/B01E420WM0/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=coodio+speaker&qid=1582720107&sr=8-1

The cheap ones break really easily and most of the guys I play with use the Coodio brand (me included) and it's 1-2 years still going strong.

I HATE having wires attach me to my kit so the radio gets stuck in the pouch on my back (big zipped one) and the cable run through my molle loops over my shoulder and then the speaker mounted there. It's PTT, picks me up perfectly, OK not the stealthiest of things if you're within close range to the enemy but meh, can't have everything.

Had one. I Marshall alot and don't want conversations overheard.

10 hours ago, BigStew said:

Had one. I Marshall alot and don't want conversations overheard.

Buy one with 3.5mm in then so you can wear headphones

• Moderators
On 26/02/2020 at 09:44, BigStew said:

Generally sick of uncomfortable head sets and getting tangled in wires. Anyone have recommendations for Bluetooth PTT adaptors?

i remember asking similar about this when i saw an episode of H5O!

same reason, easy to wear and not get tangled,.....ive set to find anything suitable but haven't looked the last few months

17 minutes ago, djben9 said:

i remember asking similar about this when i saw an episode of H5O!

same reason, easy to wear and not get tangled,.....ive set to find anything suitable but haven't looked the last few months

There are a couple of sets on Amazon but they seem cheap at about £30 

Archived