Specna Arms SA-C06 - Wont fire

xERRR
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Im having some issues with a 'bought used' electric Specna Arms SA-C06 M4.

It simply wont fire. When i pull out the mag after I fire, the pellets fall out.

Ive checked;

Mags load fine.

Able to see through barrel and blow air through it.

HopUp seems fine aswell - and stops bullet.

As you might see, i dont know much.

Let me know if you want pictures.

Cheers, 

Simon.

• Supporters

Bb's dropping out when unloading is perfectly normal.

Take a look up the feed tube and fire- do you see the nozzle moving forward and back?

What do you know of the history of this gun, is it stock or has it had some work done to it?

47 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Bb's dropping out when unloading is perfectly normal.

Take a look up the feed tube and fire- do you see the nozzle moving forward and back?

What do you know of the history of this gun, is it stock or has it had some work done to it?

I have looked at the nozzle and fired, and it moved. Quite fast.

The story of the gun is that it was used about 4-5 times, and worked as the guy who sold it to me tested it (he said)

Thanks alot for helping.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, xERRR said:

HopUp seems fine aswell - and stops bullet

Wall, tharrs yar problem.  You want to be using 6mm plastic BBs, not bullets.

Have you tried reducing the amount of hop?  Do you know how?  Help us to help you, please don't make us guess every single thing that you've tried or not tried.

12 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Wall, tharrs yar problem.  You want to be using 6mm plastic BBs, not bullets.

Have you tried reducing the amount of hop?  Do you know how?  Help us to help you, please don't make us guess every single thing that you've tried or not tried.

Im using 6mm plastic BBs - just didnt know what to use for the right word.

I dont know how to reduce or increase the amount of hop - there is like two things to screw on, on the hop, when pulled out.

I would really want to help you help me, but I dont know what you want to know, and what to test for.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Thats a fair point borg, what kind of noise is it making on fire? Loud pop or more of a pffft? Because the latter could be hop on too far jamming her.

Ive tried listening for that - but as I only heard one noise, I do not know if it is wrong.

But i think it was a loud pop.

You want me to try with BB's in, and listen for the sound?

2 hours ago, xERRR said:

I dont know how to reduce or increase the amount of hop - there is like two things to screw on, on the hop, when pulled out.

- Pull the charging handle back.

- the dust cover should flip open.

- keep the charging handle back (there may be a bolt hold open system if you manipulate the bolt catch)

- inside the now open dust port you will see a blue mechanism with a large dial (wheel) up against the front of the gearbox.

- push the wheel all the way upwards - this will turn the hop up off.

- Now... you may already have one or two BBs stuck in the hop up chamber; if so you will need to clear this before test firing.

- take an un-jamming rod and gently push it through from the front of the barrel up into the hop unit, until a further one or two BBs fall out the magwell.

- if nothing falls out... fine it should be clear.

- now test fire the gun (with a loaded magazine).

- If it works, slowly scroll the hop up wheel back down until you have adjusted the hop spin to your satisfaction. 

7 hours ago, mzjango said:

- Pull the charging handle back.

- the dust cover should flip open.

- keep the charging handle back (there may be a bolt hold open system if you manipulate the bolt catch)

- inside the now open dust port you will see a blue mechanism with a large dial (wheel) up against the front of the gearbox.

- push the wheel all the way upwards - this will turn the hop up off.

- Now... you may already have one or two BBs stuck in the hop up chamber; if so you will need to clear this before test firing.

- take an un-jamming rod and gently push it through from the front of the barrel up into the hop unit, until a further one or two BBs fall out the magwell.

- if nothing falls out... fine it should be clear.

- now test fire the gun (with a loaded magazine).

- If it works, slowly scroll the hop up wheel back down until you have adjusted the hop spin to your satisfaction. 

Thanks alot for the detailed description.

I've already taken the gun apart - so no issues getting to the hop up.

I'll try and turn it all the way up, to see if it helps.

Will get back, if it doesn't help me.

• Supporters

Another thing to look for is do the lips of the hop rubber protrude into the feed tube? If they do too far that could be whats blocking you.

Wouldnt expect that on a stock gun but can happen with some aftermarket hop rubbers.

55 minutes ago, Samurai said:

When you wind the mag, you shouldn't stop when the BBs reach the top, you must keep turning that wheel a dozen more times or so.

Oh, this might be the issue.

It seems like I cant turn it anymore though, when I see the BB's - but i'll try.

Archived