TM G17 fix and revamp?

Skara
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

On 31/03/2020 at 20:06, Skara said:

Tiny update:

Bought a TMC replica of the Safariland (579? GLS retention) holster with a mid ride paddle.

Cheap enough to not give a fuck about it but also lets me try the mid ride configuration, and if it works for me I'll buy the real deal (apparently it fits the AAP01 too, if it's true then it's a win-win).

Also bought some speed plates to give mags some protection in case I drop them when reloading.

Installed the ML rubber and I-Key but haven't had the chance to try it out yet because of the lockdown.

Hi mate, is the TMC Safariland replica any good? Im trying to decide on whether to get one or not 🤔

10 hours ago, Callsign.Raptor_ said:

Hi mate, is the TMC Safariland replica any good? Im trying to decide on whether to get one or not 🤔

No idea, I'd have to play a full day with it.

For €15 can't really complain though.

The draw feels strange, instead of the usual thumb/index release you have this middle finger operated lever that you automatically depress when you grip the gun, currently it's not the most comfortable of draws because the holster sits really close to whatever you are attaching it to so keep that in mind, you may want to add a qls fork (mine's somewhere enough route to me). I reckon it wouldn't take much to get used to.

Retention is good and adjustable, if you tighten it too much you'll trigger the unnecessary frame safety every time you draw, also keep that in mind (and remove it from your pistol, it's useless really).

Not compatible with any torch/laser.

Just one thing, it comes with a small tab on the retention mechanism that allows it to work with guns that have a very thin trigger guard, make sure to remove it before shoving a glock in there, I didn't know about it and almost shanked the holster in half :D

Archived