Indoor clothing for now and upcoming months

Majestyk
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. For my clothing I currently posses the CS95 Trousers, Field Jacket and the DDPM UBACS which I used in the summer. However I am unsure what I should wear if was to attend a indoor game at this time of year. I am mostly concerned about the top whether I should throw some fleece/warmer underneath and wear the jacket or get something new that will fill out the role of both. I am looking for something that will keep me acceptably warm for the game and be comfy and I do not have to worry about getting it dirty/worn etc. Many thanks

Old hoodie you don't wear anymore 

/thread

Indoor doesn't have as much of a demand for "camo" so just wear what you find comfy or has enough padding to keep you comfortable.

Don't fall into the trap of wearing layers of clothing to stay warm, out in the woods today it was about 6-8 degrees and it was warm enough in a UBACS so layering up will just result in you getting very warm and you won't have a wintery breeze to cool you down.

• Supporters

Yarp, my problem is staying cool indoors, even in sub zero temperatures.  I only ever wear one layer, either a wicking base layer or a loose shirt up top, plus work trousers with knee pads.

I wear a under armour heatgear long sleeve t shirt to wick sweat away and to prevent BB spin sheering my skin. I wear 1 layer on top of that to avoid showing off my muscular body 😏. When I started it was a hoody but I started in the Winter. In summer I transitioned to a normal t-shirt but now I just use https://www.militaryops.co.uk/british-army-issue-ubacs-mtp-grade-1/ if it was really cold you would need something else on top of that or back to a hoody.   Avoid baggy clothes IMO if they get hit it's hard to feel and they are a bigger target as well.  I swapped to surplus kit because I had ran my old clothes in to the ground and play enough to have a airsoft set of clothes to destroy. One thing I noticed was people who started to know who I was at my local site no longer recognised me after I put the camo on, looking at you @Rogerborg 😝

I see a lot of sponges wearing down jackets  probably prefer to overheat than take their hit. 

1 hour ago, Musica said:

I wear a under armour heatgear long sleeve t shirt to wick sweat away and to prevent BB spin sheering my skin. I wear 1 layer on top of that to avoid showing off my muscular body 😏. When I started it was a hoody but I started in the Winter. In summer I transitioned to a normal t-shirt but now I just use https://www.militaryops.co.uk/british-army-issue-ubacs-mtp-grade-1/ if it was really cold you would need something else on top of that or back to a hoody.   Avoid baggy clothes IMO if they get hit it's hard to feel and they are a bigger target as well.  I swapped to surplus kit because I had ran my old clothes in to the ground and play enough to have a airsoft set of clothes to destroy. One thing I noticed was people who started to know who I was at my local site no longer recognised me after I put the camo on, looking at you @Rogerborg 😝

I see a lot of sponges wearing down jackets  probably prefer to overheat than take their hit. 

Probably because they couldn't see you

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Musica said:

One thing I noticed was people who started to know who I was at my local site no longer recognised me after I put the camo on, looking at you @Rogerborg

It's because I couldn't see y- DAMMIT.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Majestyk said:

I was expecting the UBACS to be rather thin as a single piece of top for this time of year

Indoors?  No, it's fine.  Have something warmer to throw over it in the safe-zone, but you'll be fine once you start playing.

Archived