Posting a non-firing realistic replica

Dentonboy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.

Apologies if this has been answered in another post.

I have a MGC Ingram M11, it is non-firing, cannot be converted to fire and is mainly plastic.

It is however very realistic.

How can one legally post it? I know that Parcel Force 48 will post low powered air weapons, but I cannot seem to find who will deliver IFs that are replicas.

Any assistance gratefully accepted!

Cheers

Well, that is the service I would have thought to use, but they state replicas and imitation weapons are prohibited in their T&Cs...

• Supporters
On 23/02/2020 at 13:42, Dentonboy said:

they state replicas and imitation weapons are prohibited in their T&Cs

No they d...

Oh.

Yes. Yes, they do.

https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/prohibitions-and-restrictions

"All firearms, other than low-powered air weapons sent within the UK (air rifles, air guns and air pistols), including imitations and antiques; paint-ball or toy guns; taser guns; components of firearms and all other items similar to, or resembling, the foregoing are prohibited."

Wow.  When did that happen?

But, but surely, they don't really mean airsoft, they just don't know what that is...

Well, yes, Yes they do.

"All ammunition other than lead pellets and other air gun and airsoft projectiles is also prohibited."

But, but, buuuuut, they do allow them for PF48...

Well, no. No they don't.

"Arms and Ammunition - low powered air weapons Low-powered air weapons (air rifles, air guns and air pistols) [but as above, not IFs!], together with lead pellets and other airgun and airsoft projectiles, can be sent but are subject to the following conditions: These items must be sent on an express48 service only"

On my reading of that, they don't want to touch anything that's remotely like an imitation firearm, even if it's a non-firing plastic toy.  They know what airsoft is, but they don't want anything to do with the IFs.

So much for their universal carrier requirements, eh?  And it makes sod all sense given that many metal pellet air guns can look realistic.

Just go with the cheapest courier you can find, and mark it "sporting goods", I guess.

Archived