Airsoft high points

ImTriggerHappy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Going through some kit and found a few mall mementos that got me reminiscing about the site. So after remembering some of the great times and good players I wondered what stuff got stuck in others peoples head.

So what are peoples favourite unique sites (woodland doesn't count as a tree is a bloody tree)

Any high points that you had or witnessed. Or just something hilarious.

Favourite/best players who you played alongside or against.

Worthing's site. Circa 2006.

Got the drop on the resident milsim team - CSU iirc - and took my time to settle the CA M249 I was hefting around, line up their main guy and lace his backside from his 6 with a short burst of BBs as he lay in front of me.

I then ran the objective bunker, SAW in hand, lighting up the remaining defenders. I jumped in and fucked my ankle for the next three months.

Town Assault 2 at Copehill down for me (I think it was called Hammerstrike) - that was an incredible experience, night and dawn raids, long strung out street battles, last stand down one road at the end of Sunday the next day. Hopping around on the vehicles was a lot of fun, the nato guys had a humvee and we had this big truck thing that Andy the fella from UCAP had brought down, and we had a jeep mounted with a STAR m249 up top too (man they were unreliable). 

One little battle that I still think back to today was an enemy attack on our SF base down the last street in the middle of the night, pitch black. I had gone for a leak at the edge of the site in the field just off the street, came back and realised all hell had broken loose, only had my KSC USP compact with me. They had 3 or 4 guys go into our second HQ I snuck straight in behind them and pressure pad strobed them with my cheap xenon torch from behind, got all 3/4 of them in a few seconds Jack Bauer style, they were all still just posed up in the hallway deciding what to do. 

Good times!

Had a Pulp Fiction moment at the Mall many years ago. Me and my team mate come out on the main drag by the lift, guy pops out from the shop across the way and fires an M203 Shower shell at us. We hear the BBs strike all around us. not a single one hits us me and my mate turn to each other to confirm we weren't hit  turn back and open up on the now 4 people in the door way.

I used to play at an indoor site in Leicester years ago. It was a three story site with a dark basement, a ground floor which was the size of a football pitch and the 1st floor which were offices. I remember once running out of the basement up some stairs shooting in the direction I was facing but running backwards... then wallop. I turned snd smacked straight into a wooden wall/barrier. I went flying in that I bounced off the wall... however I didn't drop my gun lol... A Marshall came running over to see if I was ok and then asked if I had signed the waiver form lol... It was one of the best CQB sites I've ever played at... and the basement.... yikes... dark, wet, a few light bulbs pure heart thumping game play...

1 minute ago, AlphaBear said:

I used to play at an indoor site in Leicester years ago. It was a three story site with a dark basement, a ground floor which was the size of a football pitch and the 1st floor which were offices. I remember once running out of the basement up some stairs shooting in the direction I was facing but running backwards... then wallop. I turned snd smacked straight into a wooden wall/barrier. I went flying in that I bounced off the wall... however I didn't drop my gun lol... A Marshall came running over to see if I was ok and then asked if I had signed the waiver form lol... It was one of the best CQB sites I've ever played at... and the basement.... yikes... dark, wet, a few light bulbs pure heart thumping game play...

Embassy, great site.

Every week at the Mall to be honest.......

Most of mine tend to be stuff that happens outside of the game as I dont do skirmishes and only do historical Cold War and Vietnam stuff.  The infamous mass gangbang of East German troops at one Cold War game sticks in the memory......

Another would be posting a grenade blind around a bush whilst playing as VC and killing 11 US Army and Australians who had stopped for a tactical chat.....'Fizzzz'  'Whats that?' 'Bang' 'Hit!!'  Never saw it as I was running away laughing

31 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

That's the one.... what ever happened to it?

guess it went to redevelopment like a lot of places do

My favourite site I ever played at was in the south of Spain. Basically, on the Costa Del Sol, there's a bunch of urbanisations that were built without planning permission and subsequently abandoned when it was realised and the developers were told to stop. One site I went to was an abandoned urbanisation just up from Estepona and it was fantastic. A mix of CQB through the buildings, but also lots of building to building firefights.

EDIT: Found a picture that shows what I mean. I miss that site...

image.png.32ae1885423d298e64e532c74ff79bf7.png

I went to a 2 day event in the south of Spain in around 2010 where I was one of the only snipers (and I think I was the only one on the first day). The site was a hilly area in the low part of the mountains, which was super cool. Loads of elevation, lots of three-dimensional gameplay; it was fantastic. Our team was stomping the other team super hard, but because I was the only sniper they moved me to the other team for one game where we had to defend a bomb that was chained to a tree, as they wanted a sniper on the defensive team at all times. So we just won on defence and I was ghillied up for my 2nd time on defence, but this time on the other team and against all my friends, which was an issue as the English speakers generally gathered on that other team and my Spanish was... serviceable, but far from fluent.

I set up in a position that watched over the bomb site and the game began. My old team continued doing what it had been doing and stomped our whole team in a matter of minutes, leaving me and one other guy to defend for about 15 minutes. I was super low on BBs by the end, but we managed to hold them all off, with him covering one of the flanks and me watching the bomb. There was even a moment when a group of three on the other team were trying to find me and walked right past my hide I had put together on the side of one of the hills. They walked right along the path about 5m in front of me. Ghillie suits are great.

Funnily enough, my profile pic is from the second day of that event when I got too hot and just went British PMC loadout instead of ghillied up.

As for best players I have played alongside... Well, there's my best friend who got me into airsoft, as well as my school friends who all did it when we were 15/16 at Worthing. When I was in Spain there was a group of guys I used to run with as well who were amazing too. We were me (a Brit), a Scot, a Filipino dude, two Spaniards, two Germans and a Swede; a truly multicultural team of airsofters!

Defending the barracks at Urban Assault with just two of us against most of the other team, popping out of different windows upstairs to take a few out then hiding from the wall of return fire. We dragged them to a standstill so long we stopped them from winning the game.

The marshalls could be dickheads and it had a clique of equally-dickheadish players but i really miss UA sometimes, some of the firefights in the police station alone had more action than an entire day of woodland

A 04:00 dawn raid on a sleeping teams compound with more smoke and bangs than I've ever seen used at a game and that all being thrown by no more than 5 guys myself included. Needless to say the guys we raided didn't know what hit them and all the intel and supplies they had gathered as part of their mission for the weekend was collected before they ever knew we were in their base. Couple that with myself and a friend trip wiring a whole building for us to use as overwatch for the majority of the weekend and the enemy team trying for near on three hours to get us out of there made for a very interesting weekend, we also managed to highjack their convoy after killing all the occupants and bring the technicals into our FOB. Needless to say eventually we had to give them back....

• Supporters

had a few, connected with an old site.

first (chronologically at least) was the first time i'd brought a sidearm out on the field, the f2000 was having its usual feeding issues and i was the last man standing in the zone. fella had come up on me and we were trading shots, i don't remember deciding to go to the pistol but it happened anyway and 10 shots later i was 10 kills down. i'm not entirely sure what happened as i'll be the first to admit my marksmanship isn't remotely capable of that today let alone back then.

second was a standard fall-back game through the forest, nothing special except that day we held the line. i'd found a spot that objectively didn't seem all that good but somehow nobody could get close without getting into one of our lines. must have lay there for a good half hour taking pot shots and i remember being grateful for finally getting hit as i was sick of the goddamn midges.

second was the same site but a night shoot, again lying down at a spot that would be pretty useless during the day but at night seemed to work well, but the atmosphere was amazing with the combination of torches, smoke grenades and no wind leaving a haze around. a few folks had left static lights up ahead of us making a nice zone where the enemy was struggling to make it through, a few folks had to dash out and flip the torches round to make enough darkness to push through.

third was that same night shoot, start of a fallback game through the forest on the attacking team, a whole bunch of us had decided to push the lower portion and the randomly synchronised movement was incredibly immersive, then we got lit up with a bunch of tracers and the midden hit the windmill, but the co-ordination remained and we pushed through.

Weirdly enough one of my favourite moments was on the rainiest game I've been to. A lot of people didn't show or had gone home due to the weather so for those of us that stuck it out. It made for a very sparsely populated game. I joined up with a small group and we decided to push forward at the beginning of a fall back game and say an ambush. Crouching there in the undergrowth watching the enemy players walk past within metres of us waiting for the signal to open fire was by far the most I've ever been immersed in a game. We let the first group past and waited for the second group. We got them hard and it was over before they even knew what was happening. After that we went on a long flank taking out each group as we can across them. 

Pistol kills are always a high point for me. One that sticks with me is when the objective was to capture the "Fox Hole" (or at least be the team closest to it after thirty minutes). I pushed right to the front but my primary was playing up, so I pulled out my Marui Desert Eagle and managed to get a dozen or so kills in a short space of time, some from 30 - 40 metres away. Just one of those occasions where you're in a firefight and manage to takeout so many opponents without getting shot, that they just assume you're cheating.

Archived